Rhino Liner? Or - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rhino Liner? Or

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 11-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #16
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstubbs11 View Post
That is my second option (and not out of the question at this point) but i am leaning toward the spray on option. And no hard feeling i get where you are coming from, i just couldn't leave the thread without arguing my humanity...
you can spray Monsta too... don't HAVE to roll it
their website has the necessary specs for spraying (type of gun, reducing, etc)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #17
tom_sprecher
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I went with the U-pol Raptor and could not be more impressed. From the complements I get, so are others. It's a two part system that is tough. It went on easy, has that Goldilocks texture I was looking for (not too rough, not too smooth) and there is a quart left over from the kit that I plan to do my rear wheel wells with. The kit with the sputz gun was maybe $115.
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

We used Monstaliner. Got the kit at the JF discount. Took a weekend and rolled on two coats and have had zero issues since. Great stuff. We don't use floor mats and there's no sign of wear on the driver's side floor pan at all after 2 years. There's images on my blog - LINK
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s

TJ FOR SALE
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
W_A_Watson_II
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've done two Jeeps and one Dodge Power Wagon with Raptor by U-Pol, and it's been great to work with and so for so good.

W_A_Watson_II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
OldSkull75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I Monstalined my tub this past summer.i got the color "brown eyed girl". Its like a mud brown. Looks great. Prep is the key like any paint projects. Im really happy with it so far.
OldSkull75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #21
willawolfe
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ultra tuff. Have used it on boats. Can be rolled or sprayed. Plenty of colors. Good as a sound deadener too. Have not done my jeep yet but have the material to do it in the color sand.
Have some that I spilled on the tailgate of my truck that won't come off. And there was no surface prep there.
willawolfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #22
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaveranger View Post
That's the direction I was leaning until I learned that in order to color it, I had to do the leg work. Not knocking them, I just didn't want to have to do that.

I apologize for jumping the gun, but there are a couple spam accounts that go around doing just what you did in each and every Monstaliner thread. Piggy back marketing is sad, and they are trying to ride Magnetman's coat tails after all the work he has done bringing his product to the community here and taking an enormous amount of feedback from members.

You should look into Monsta as well bstubbs
Legwork = Getting the exact paint color you want from the paint store and pouring it into the bottle.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #23
Beaveranger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpehar View Post

Legwork = Getting the exact paint color you want from the paint store and pouring it into the bottle.
Precisely. I didn't want to do it. Next.

~Ron Swanson~
Beaveranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #24
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Precisely. I didn't want to do it. Next.

Go with what you know.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #25
jonnycerv

Any thoughts on Line-X? Or am I better doing this myself?

Ofcourse i have to fix my rotted back frame as the kid who sold it to me hid it and got a fake inspection. Ouch.
jonnycerv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
rage4order
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycerv View Post
Any thoughts on Line-X? Or am I better doing this myself?

Ofcourse i have to fix my rotted back frame as the kid who sold it to me hid it and got a fake inspection. Ouch.
The bad thing about Line-X is 1)Expensive, 2)you have someone else doing it, 3)along with #2, someone else is doing it so unless you personally know them, there's really no telling how thick they are putting it on. They could "skimp" on it and in a couple years, you'll start noticing it. I speak from experience on both the Line-x AND do-it-yourself. I did my Jeep with Herculiner and all in all I'm happy. I will probably redo it with Monstaliner though. My truck has Line-X and only after a few years did I finally notice they skimped on the layers. I would recommend doing it yourself.
rage4order is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #27
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also, never let your skin touch it because the crappy rubber chunks they use for texture will rip you up. Herculiner is junk. Spend the extra few bucks and stay away from Herc.

Personally, I think it looks like the cheap crap that it is, too.
Not sure how you can say 5 years holding up is junk... but hey what do I know
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #28
jonnycerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage4order View Post
The bad thing about Line-X is 1)Expensive, 2)you have someone else doing it, 3)along with #2, someone else is doing it so unless you personally know them, there's really no telling how thick they are putting it on. They could "skimp" on it and in a couple years, you'll start noticing it. I speak from experience on both the Line-x AND do-it-yourself. I did my Jeep with Herculiner and all in all I'm happy. I will probably redo it with Monstaliner though. My truck has Line-X and only after a few years did I finally notice they skimped on the layers. I would recommend doing it yourself.

Thanks for this. Makes sense. I guess I will have to give it shot.
jonnycerv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.