So somewhere down the road I am looking to replace my bumpers and add some side steps/nerf bars or whatever they are called. I have been looking at tubular designs primarily. I may want to put a winch on later, and I may want to do some light towing as well. Think pulling a lawnmower on a small trailer for about 10 miles.
I want to have a consistent look all around, both tube size and finish.
Any thoughts/comments on the following would be greatly appreciated:
- Any reason NOT to go with the tubular design?
- What manufacturers should I look into? Stay away from?
- Are the integrated tow hitches a waste of time for what I am looking in to?
- Nerf bars - are bolt-on OK? Just looking for a step up and some minor protection.
- If a manufacturer offers different models, what features in particular should I look for? Stay away from?
Again, thanks in advance for any input.