Restrictor?? How? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-16-2002, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Mike611

Restrictor?? How?

Hey guys, it's me again, rumor has it there is an air-flow restrictor DaimlerChrysler put in my 95 4-banger?? Is this true? If so, were is the little bastard? Time for it to go!!!!!!
Thanks guys!

95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2002, 01:13 AM
95yj-4 cyl

I also have a 95 4cyl. I found 2 restrictors. Take off the top part of your air box. The 1st is in the front of the airbox itself (looks like a small horn). Takes a little prying with a screw driver, but not too bad. The 2nd one is located on the top part of the airbox (where the hose that connects to the throttle body). This one looks like a small horn also, but is much tougher to remove (mine took about 10 min of some serious prying-----there are 2 prongs, break them off and then get a small screw driver between this restrictor and the airbox (there's a rubber band type of gasket that makes removing this restrictor hard). Remove those 2 tabs, get pull that gasket out, and the restrictor then removes easily. I bent up the end of my air outlet, but it straightens out fairly easily and the hose fits fine. The back rest. alone is about 4 cm at it's smallest diameter, but with this rest. removed, the new opening is about 7 cm. Well worth the effort.

95 yj, 4 cyl, auto trans, 4:88 gears, detroit front locker, rear detroit with super 35 kit, short shaft conversion, 4" superlift, 32" superswamper radials
post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2002, 01:20 AM
95yj-4 cyl

P.S. I almost forgot. The 2nd one is shown in the project section of this site. But, it was a little harder than 5 min worth. The 1st restrictor I mentioned isn't covered, but was in my 95. Hope this helps. A K&N filter is a nice addition with these 2 mods (a noticible at the wheels horsepower gain)...Hey, with a 4 cyl, every little bit helps .

95 yj, 4 cyl, auto trans, 4:88 gears, detroit front locker, rear detroit with super 35 kit, short shaft conversion, 4" superlift, 32" superswamper radials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.