Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 05-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #76
J_Bleezy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Has anyone done a writeup on how to change the lifters on 4.0L?

J_Bleezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #77
jeepnfun
1988 YJ Wrangler 

front brake line repar

hey guys I'm new to posting on this forum and am looking for a little help with a brake probkem I have.
(problem) I have a leaking hard break line that runs acrost the rear of my front bumper conecting my left front brake to the right. It is leaking at the fitting and I can't seem to blead my brakes. I am looking for a parts list for the line (ie. Brake line size and fiting sizes part #s for NAPA or shucks would be ideal) I am trying to fix my yj intime for an annual camping and riding trip in mid june.
jeepnfun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #78
blue89wrangler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnfun View Post
hey guys I'm new to posting on this forum and am looking for a little help with a brake probkem I have.
(problem) I have a leaking hard break line that runs acrost the rear of my front bumper conecting my left front brake to the right. It is leaking at the fitting and I can't seem to blead my brakes. I am looking for a parts list for the line (ie. Brake line size and fiting sizes part #s for NAPA or shucks would be ideal) I am trying to fix my yj intime for an annual camping and riding trip in mid june.
take the parts into napa i'm sure that they can find the parts your looking for.
Unread 05-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #79
SDGBASSE
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hi guys, I want to put a 3rd brake light on, but I can't figure out where to route the wires so that it doesn't tear off every time I open the tailgate, and get cut when I close it. Does anyone have pictures of their routing???

I know there's a couple of write-ups on the forum but I wasn't able to find them again. If someone has a link it would be great too!

Thanks.
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #80
King_
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a write up/walkthrough on removing A/C from my 89 YJ 4cyl...it no longer works, the compressor bearings are going out. It hasn't locked up yet but I feel it will soon. If anyone has one or can point me in the correct direction I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

King
King_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #81
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for a write up about converting 3 speed trans of a 94 YJ sitting behind the 4.0 to the ax-15 5 speed. It' something I've wanted to do for a while, and finally have the time to get around and do some major upgrades and modifications. I PROMISE to post images and write ups of the custom work i do.
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #82
Roadyy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolinski View Post
Swing out tire carrier/bumper plans would be nice. I have seen some nice ones on here, but it seems like no one lists the pieces, sizes, or cuts they made. THANKS!
on the forum home page scroll down to fabrication and look for swing out tire carrier and bumper by berzrk. He lists everything he used. Sizes and where he got the parts from. Has deminsions of his bumpers too.
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #83
Anonymous6915
2009 JK Wrangler 

anyone know where i can find info on installing an a/c on a non factory a/c rig? i bought a used one from another rig and want to fit it into mine but i need to do it from scratch. havnt been able to find a write up.
Anonymous6915 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #84
JMJRVA
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Fuel Sending Unit

I have a question for anyone out there regarding fuel sending units and compatibility...

About 2 months ago my '93 YJ died on the way to get gas (my fuel gauge hasn't worked since I got it). I walked to the gas station to get a gallon, and after 3 trips and 5 gallons later it still wouldn't start. I got it towed the 1/2 mile home and proceeded to get 6 more gallons and it still wouldn't start. I talked to two mechanics, one of whom only works on jeeps and found after some troubleshooting that the fuel pump was the problem. I ordered the exact replacement pump from Bosch and installed, but after installation had trouble getting the fuel sending unit/pump assembly back into the tank. One of the mechanics came and we were able to get the pump in and later I was able to get it started. After 10 minutes I realized I was leaking a massive amount of fuel and turned it off. Frustrated, I got it towed to a shop, which was June 16th. After their troubleshooting, they told me the tub inside the tank had been damaged and the bolts around the assembly had broken off...long story short I needed a tank and possibly a new sending unit as the one I had probably had a bad connection. I have now bought a used tank and sending unit from a Jeep restoration shop, but my problem is that this "new" sending unit has two wires leading to a male flat plug and my original has three wires.

Is there a way to make this work without ordering a brand new fuel sending unit?
JMJRVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2010, 12:47 AM   #85
newyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

clutch bleeding

I would like to see a write-up on bleeding the clutch (master cylinder) and other clutch issues, soft, spongey, etc.....

[url]http://www.cityprofile.com[/url]

[url]http://www.pgh-offroad.com[/url]
newyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #86
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytrucks View Post
I need a GOOD diagram (with pics?) Of the stock vacuum hose layout. Where each hose starts and where it goes. I'm pretty sure mine are all jacked from the previous owners and want to make sure I have them all figured out before I start tinkering with other things on the engine. I have an 89 4.2 YJ with the craptastic Pugot (sp?) 5 speed. Thanks guys and gals.
Table of Contents
Vacuum Hoses

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
beachedjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #87
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJRVA View Post
I have a question for anyone out there regarding fuel sending units and compatibility...

About 2 months ago my '93 YJ died on the way to get gas (my fuel gauge hasn't worked since I got it). I walked to the gas station to get a gallon, and after 3 trips and 5 gallons later it still wouldn't start. I got it towed the 1/2 mile home and proceeded to get 6 more gallons and it still wouldn't start. I talked to two mechanics, one of whom only works on jeeps and found after some troubleshooting that the fuel pump was the problem. I ordered the exact replacement pump from Bosch and installed, but after installation had trouble getting the fuel sending unit/pump assembly back into the tank. One of the mechanics came and we were able to get the pump in and later I was able to get it started. After 10 minutes I realized I was leaking a massive amount of fuel and turned it off. Frustrated, I got it towed to a shop, which was June 16th. After their troubleshooting, they told me the tub inside the tank had been damaged and the bolts around the assembly had broken off...long story short I needed a tank and possibly a new sending unit as the one I had probably had a bad connection. I have now bought a used tank and sending unit from a Jeep restoration shop, but my problem is that this "new" sending unit has two wires leading to a male flat plug and my original has three wires.

Is there a way to make this work without ordering a brand new fuel sending unit?
I would also like a write-up on repairing the non-working fuel gauge/fuel sending unit problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!
SpideYJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #88
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to see a write up on extending the wheelbase in a road/highway safe construction.

I've seen a few with shackle reversals, which if i remember correctly isn't very safe on the road. This is my DD we're talking about.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #89
sprowley
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4x4xgeoff View Post
I'd like to see a write up on extending the wheelbase in a road/highway safe construction.

I've seen a few with shackle reversals, which if i remember correctly isn't very safe on the road. This is my DD we're talking about.
I don't think I've ever seen a shackle reversal done for a WB stretch, nor can I imagine how that would help stretch it.

However SR should actually improve the road manners, when done in the front. It lets the suspension flex backwards when going over bumps which is a more natural direction, with the shackle on the front the axle tries to move forward into the obstacle.

97 TJ Sport black on black with MT/R Kevlars and lots of new parts coming!

Canon EOS-1D Mark III, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 17-35/2.8L USM, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX USM

My Fuelly page (fuel economy and usage tracking)
sprowley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #90
GilNewJeeper
2008 KK Liberty 

I would like a write-up about removing the dashboard. I'm planning to insulate the "firewall" plus the tub.
Thanks in advance
GilNewJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.