Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #61
pvmanextream
1990 YJ Wrangler 

what do you think about a body drop to lower the center of gravity on a YJ and section the fenders up and put on tube fenders??? pros and cons would be nice?

pvmanextream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #62
yoda604
1989 YJ Wrangler 

would like to have posi or lockers in the rear before it really starts getting to be offroad season. What do I need? what's an easy crossover?
yoda604 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #63
lidlitalian
1987 YJ Wrangler 

writeup for how to install a holly fuel pressure regulator for my yj 4.2. Think I got an idea, but would like info from someone who has done it.
lidlitalian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #64
indytrucks

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I need a GOOD diagram (with pics?) Of the stock vacuum hose layout. Where each hose starts and where it goes. I'm pretty sure mine are all jacked from the previous owners and want to make sure I have them all figured out before I start tinkering with other things on the engine. I have an 89 4.2 YJ with the craptastic Pugot (sp?) 5 speed. Thanks guys and gals.
indytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #65
Roxs
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Suspension Shakles

I need a little more ground clearance to hold my own in my local club who mostly run Landover / range rover. First event I entered was a blast but I grounded out several times

Gallery : Yorkshire Off Road Club, Land Rover and off road club

Not wanting to spend too much cash (aka im skint after replacing the leaf springs and buying a set of 31x10 silverstone extremes to cope with Yorkshire mud)

I am planning on experimenting with some home made shackles, does anyone have some suggestions on plate thickness and lengths I can run on standard drive train componets.

I was contemplating using 1/4" x 2" bar and adding an extra 2" length on the standard shackle with a bracer piece welded in between for rigidity ?

Thoughts pls )
Roxs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #66
HGHSPEED
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Got my first soft top, now just need a few directions, tips, for taking it down. I don't have a manual so any help would be much appreciated. Sure it's not difficult just don't wanna break it! Thanks
HGHSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #67
87YJBill
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Easiest way to find a 4cyl YJ that is being parted out, all 4 cyl came with 4.11, so unbolt axles, and install new axles
87YJBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #68
brad31021
1947 CJ2A 

YJ Full Door windows

Has anyone found a way to remove the vent post and vent windows and replace the window and vent with a solid window like the one used in a TJ?
brad31021 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #69
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87YJBill View Post
Easiest way to find a 4cyl YJ that is being parted out, all 4 cyl came with 4.11, so unbolt axles, and install new axles
not the 4cyl autos. they came with 3.73's
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #70
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxs View Post
I need a little more ground clearance to hold my own in my local club who mostly run Landover / range rover. First event I entered was a blast but I grounded out several times

Gallery : Yorkshire Off Road Club, Land Rover and off road club

Not wanting to spend too much cash (aka im skint after replacing the leaf springs and buying a set of 31x10 silverstone extremes to cope with Yorkshire mud)

I am planning on experimenting with some home made shackles, does anyone have some suggestions on plate thickness and lengths I can run on standard drive train componets.

I was contemplating using 1/4" x 2" bar and adding an extra 2" length on the standard shackle with a bracer piece welded in between for rigidity ?

Thoughts pls )
look on ebay, i bought 2" shackels with shipping for less than i could make them and paint them...
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #71
alext1399
1995 YJ Wrangler 

what about a write up about swapping out the tf-999 auto and putting in an ax-5 in a yj with a 2.5. start to finish and everything involved
alext1399 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #72
87YJBill
1987 YJ Wrangler 

auto to manual swap

The swap from an automatic to stick is quite easy, I have done it bolth ways, from manual to auto and auto to manual.
If you want more info let me know
Bill
87YJBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #73
brunolinski
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Dizzy replacement/upgrades and timing adjustment instructions with pics on 4.2 would be helpful to this guy.
brunolinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #74
brunolinski
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Swing out tire carrier/bumper plans would be nice. I have seen some nice ones on here, but it seems like no one lists the pieces, sizes, or cuts they made. THANKS!
brunolinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #75
monsterenergy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

easy to install rocklights for a yj
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #567
monsterenergy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.