Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 12-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #46
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InEmberClad View Post
I would like to know how to check/adjust the timing in my 2.5l 89 yj, from start to finish. Not even sure exactly how best to get to the timing belt.
Timing should be easy - there is a computer on this unit that controls all of that. you don't need to set the timing - the ECU controls all of that.

Pop in new plugs, new cap and new rotor & wires (if feeling frisky) and you're out

bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
mudcrawler90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Has anybody put a set of didgital gauges into a 90 YJ. I have a set of guages laying in the garage and they need to go into the Jeep because only 3 of my guages work all of the time.
Having to tow your Jeep down the road with a stock truck is like water skiing naked, its embarrassing, your being pulled by a single line, and it hurts a little but in the end all you can do is look back on it and laugh!
/l , [____],
l------L--[]lllllll[]-_
()_) ()_)==♠=)_)
mudcrawler90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 05:35 AM   #48
Rocky_Cosmark
1991 YJ Wrangler 

clutch replacement write up request, i know alot of the members have to do this at some point, or replace certain things related to this write up, i need to do it asap and want to know all i can before i try it out
Rocky_Cosmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #49
mb1440
1995 YJ Wrangler 

just installed a TJ rear bumper on my YJ. looks alot better than those bumperettes. the TJ bumper bolted right up after I cut the bottom tabs off. my hitch was bolted to the lower holes so i couln't use them.

mike
mb1440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #50
offroaddrumming

i am putting D44s into my 92 yj from an 80's grand wagoneer. i am wondering what drive shafts i can use on it? am i gonna have to cut and rebuild or will a different set or original set work? thank you
offroaddrumming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #51
monsterenergy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

passenger door

handle broke inside on passenger door (not really handle but i cant open it from inside only out so i think something fell off) any ways how do i get the pannel off to fix it ive only had my jeep for 4 months so dont know much?
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #567
monsterenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #52
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterenergy View Post
handle broke inside on passenger door (not really handle but i cant open it from inside only out so i think something fell off) any ways how do i get the pannel off to fix it ive only had my jeep for 4 months so dont know much?
Is it a half door or a full door?
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #53
jm1125
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Write up on Weber 34/34 carb conversion with plenty of pics

an overall step by step of installing a weber 34/34 that includes plenty of pics of vacuum line setup would be very helpful. I have installed most of it but my vacuum lines are a mess and i would like to know where some of them go. Thanks
jm1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #54
bbambo
1993 YJ Wrangler 

How about a simple thread about changing spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap?
Unread 02-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #55
crazyquadder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

soo easy

alll u do is find the right size socket to fit over the plugs take them all out put the new ones back in make sure that you adjust the things on the end of spark plug i dont remember name i believe for jeeps you set it to 15, with the cap you just uscrew it and slide a new one on , one by one u put the wires back on in the same way they where or else your truck just wont run and if it does be soo obad
crazyquadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #56
crazyquadder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

anyone know where to get a new oil sending unit for a 89 jeep wrangler, its the sending unit that screws into the motor none of the store have it and i cant find it online any ideas my oil gauge just reads 80 24/7 and i have 100% rebuilt motor and if anything fails on it i dont want it to be destroyed
crazyquadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #57
stargazer3141
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Mudcrawler i have a 91 YJ that I put Cyberdyne digital gauges from purchased from JEGS - not happy with them. I have them installed for just over a year and two of them ( fuel and water temp) have failed segments on the LED display rendering them unusable and unreadable. JEGS will not warranty them either. I do not recommend that brand - are there any other brands?
stargazer3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #58
WebWheeler327
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
List of Write-Up requests not done yet:

XJ Springs in the rear along with rear stretch.
Dana 30 ARB airlocker + regear writeup.
How to fix the snap ring on 5th gear in the AX-15.
AX-15 how to replace the clutch kit and syncroes.
YJ Tummy tuck install, custom or aftermarket.
Front frame steering box repair
CJ drop down tailgate conversion

I did a write up on the front frame repair. Heres a link. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...repair-965771/

Unread 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #59
93yjchick
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ideas??!

okay.. i bought a 93 yj in late 2009. i bought to fix up and make a good krawler and colorado mountain driver. i really want to do a coil over conversion but like most people i cant afford it. so i am going to stay with the leafs for now. i was just going to do a spring over but the other day my brother was driving it and wrecked it into a parked truck and now one of the front springs is really bent and needs replaced. i still think i want to do a spring over but i need new springs.

i am putting a super 30 in the front and a d44 in the rear with 410 or 488 gears, lockers, and i want to fit 37s, 35s would be ok. got flat fenders on the front and im gonna put comps onthe rear. i am also going to stretch it some.

suggestions? anyone?
93yjchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #60
daveg419
1990 YJ Wrangler 

what to do?

i have been having problems with a power issue. i was thinking it had to be the motor...until i did some reading on here. im running 31" tires and have a 2 inch body lift. but now im thinking its the tranny. my question is do i try to fix the trans for the 4cyl, or do i try to swap motor and all. i dont want a gas hog, but i feel like i need more power somehow. another question would be, are there known problems with the stock trans for the yj? and is there a beefier model that will fit direct without having to do much in the way of modifying? any and all good advice is welcome. thanks, dave
daveg419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.