Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Request write-ups on repairs & modifications here

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #151
brockmarzullo
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tript1125 View Post
Can you flip the leaf springs to raise a YJ
No. You can go Spring Over Axle (SOA) but it is a lot of time, work, fabrication, and cash to do so.

brockmarzullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #152
Jonny92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Request write up for hood lights/hi lift mount please

Hey all im looking for a good write up and pic on how to make my hood rack for a hi lift and to mount some lights on. Thanks
Jonny92yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #153
McFatter
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke View Post
Anyone have a DIT tube fender install write up using the factory inners?

im working on building my own but I dont have a write up on them. I will look and see if I have took many good pictures so far and if so I will make a write up
McFatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #154
tejasjeepgirl
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to know if there is a way to get the Check Engine Light to reset for good. Mine keeps saying I need a Code 33 (A/C Relay) and that's not true. I know it's an issue with YJ's, but I can't figure out how to get rid of this. It's been reset with the reader at the mechanics. I've disconnected the battery as well. It just keeps coming on. What's weird is that you can drive it about 100 yards, cut it off and then the light goes away. If it's under 60 degree's outside (which doesn't happen much in Texas) then it won't come on at all. Go figure. If anyone has a solution, it would be great to write it up.
tejasjeepgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #155
dwdrums40385
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i would really like to see a writeup on how to replace a clutch/pilot/throwout/slave cylinder on a AX-5 internal slave system, it would make life a lot easier, i looked but could not find one. if there is one please let me know. i see the internal to external slave swap, but thats not what i'me looking for.
dwdrums40385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #156
Rocky_Cosmark
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdrums40385 View Post
i would really like to see a writeup on how to replace a clutch/pilot/throwout/slave cylinder on a AX-5 internal slave system, it would make life a lot easier, i looked but could not find one. if there is one please let me know. i see the internal to external slave swap, but thats not what i'me looking for.
Me too I have the Haynes manual but its not the most extensive with this. A write up would be very helpful
Rocky_Cosmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #157
jeephelpneeded
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have unexpectedly gotten a 91 Wrangler from my father in law and want to make it bad a$$. Do you need to replace the stock control arms for rough country 4in. lift and 33-35in. tires? I will also be getting the SYE CV drive shaft kit. Please I need someone knowledeable, I have been unable to get a definitive answer thus far.

Thanks!
jeephelpneeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #158
sbsg2005
1995 YJ Wrangler 

a 91 wrangler dont have control arms it has leaf springs and you do have to replace them
sbsg2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #159
jeephelpneeded
1991 YJ Wrangler 

This is what I am being told by my father who has limited experience with lifts. I am wondering if it is the truth.

"you will destroy this truck with that kind of lift and no experience. new control arms would
be must. even if alignment could be achieved the suspension would only work going
up maybe. going down it would bind, twist, then break. the larger the tire the lower you effectively
change the gear ratio for off road this means wearing a clutch out for an automatic it
means death"
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #160
monsterenergy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephelpneeded View Post
This is what I am being told by my father who has limited experience with lifts. I am wondering if it is the truth.

"you will destroy this truck with that kind of lift and no experience. new control arms would
be must. even if alignment could be achieved the suspension would only work going
up maybe. going down it would bind, twist, then break. the larger the tire the lower you effectively
change the gear ratio for off road this means wearing a clutch out for an automatic it
means death"
theres no controll arms on yjs just leafs so you cant change them and with a lift it depends on how much your lifting and what you need for it. i bought a 2" and i just have to bolt it on nothing else to do (maybe a drop piman arm and extend the brake lines but i will know when i bolt it on. 4" is more work and money and soa is alot of time money and requires some fab skills. you dont have to change the gear ratio but you will have to to run 35s because you can run stock gerars with 33s but its terrible 31s would be best and dont look bad on a 4" lift on a yj
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #567
monsterenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #161
jeephelpneeded
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterenergy View Post
theres no controll arms on yjs just leafs so you cant change them and with a lift it depends on how much your lifting and what you need for it. i bought a 2" and i just have to bolt it on nothing else to do (maybe a drop piman arm and extend the brake lines but i will know when i bolt it on. 4" is more work and money and soa is alot of time money and requires some fab skills. you dont have to change the gear ratio but you will have to to run 35s because you can run stock gerars with 33s but its terrible 31s would be best and dont look bad on a 4" lift on a yj
How hard is it to change the gear ratio? how much money does it cost? Does anyone know if that has a write up on it?
Thanks for the info.!

Last edited by jeephelpneeded; 02-09-2011 at 05:51 AM..
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #162
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Has anyone hardwired their FACTORY gauge cluster? I'm trying to pinpoint the reason my temp sensor and gas gauge don't work properly. I think getting ri of that 1980's circuit board behind the cluster would simplify the process. Any advice for or against this idea will be appreciated.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #163
GEARHED
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierfoley View Post
Has anyone hardwired their FACTORY gauge cluster? I'm trying to pinpoint the reason my temp sensor and gas gauge don't work properly. I think getting ri of that 1980's circuit board behind the cluster would simplify the process. Any advice for or against this idea will be appreciated.
I'm working on the same thing right now but all gauges work. Its the wonked out after market toggles that have the wiring messed up to the fuse box (yes, I'm still going to use that because fuses are easier to replace). The temp sensor and gas gauge issues usually come from them not being grounded properly or frayed ends with no covers on one or both ends. Check to see if they were crimp covered or bare wire, strip and put new crimps on then follow back to the box then out to the dash cluster to start. Haven't dug into mine enough yet to give a better answer.
Unread 02-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #164
natedawg3256
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Question About tie rod ends and bushings

Looking to replace all the tie rod ends and front bushings. Or would i need to beef up I have a 3 in bds lift . Any suggestions. Level of diffulicty
natedawg3256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #165
94yjay
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierfoley View Post
I just replaced the entire unit with aftermarket gauges
94yjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.