Replacment bushing sets? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacment bushing sets?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
jason280

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Replacment bushing sets?

Somehow I have managed to make this a lot more complicated than necessary, but I am having difficulty determining which bushings I need for a suspension lift I am piecing together. I'm using 3.5" Fabtech springs, and would like to pick up a new set of bushings to go with the springs. First of all, how many total bushing sets will I need? If I understand it correctly, I will need 3 bushing sets per spring, for a total of 12. Right so far?

Will these two kits be all I need for the suspension lift?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prothane-1-1...f3aaac&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Leaf-S...1ee49b&vxp=mtr

Also, any specific brand to stick with? Thanks!

jason280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
jason280

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone?
jason280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Lrasser
1998 TJ Wrangler 

it all depends on what springs you are using. You will need upper shackle bushings, lower shackle bushings and frame/leaf bushings. so you are correct on 3 sets to do it properly. If your not purchasing the complete kit then you will need to check the springs to see what size bushings they use. Procomp for example uses the same bushings on both leaf eyes which also requires a 9/16 bolt on both sides and you need to drill out your shackle mounts to fit. You would then be using the same larger bushings on both sides of the leafs and the bushing kit you listed wouldnt work. It's a little more work but it's a lot stonger. If you dont have the springs yet you will need to ask the compnay your getting them from to know for sure
Lrasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.