replacing spider gears in D35 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > replacing spider gears in D35

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIntroducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 12-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hester88 View Post
If my idea is possible and i would be able to swap the carriers when i decide to go off roading i think i would be ok with the welded gears. I wouldnt be driving everyday on them and my trails arent far from my house so i wouldnt be on the road very much with them. When we arent planning a trail/mud run i can just put the regular carrier back in for more road driving. Thats if this would even work. So as far as the shaft randomly breaking cuz of the weld it would be at slower speeds so if happens hopefully wouldnt cause a whole lot of damage.
Basically, forgetting the entire discussion about is it wise to lock a D35, if you do what you are talking about, you will have two different R&P setups.... neither of them would be the correct setup and backlash, so I susect the end result will be you will have a D35 with a very short life span and the only question will be when & where will it explode.

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #17
hester88
1995 YJ Wrangler 

that was what i was afraid of. Oh well. it was a cheap idea for better performance. lol.
hester88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just buy a mini spool and blow up the R&P already.
Unread 12-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
hester88
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Just buy a mini spool and blow up the R&P already.
cant find one for the d35.
hester88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle , spider gears , welding

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.