replacing power steering return hose problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > replacing power steering return hose problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
metalhead
2000 WJ 

replacing power steering return hose problem

94 wrangler 2.5L 5spd. I need to replace the power steering return hose that goes from the reservoir to the steering gear. Has anyone done this and can give me some tips. There is not a lot of room and I could not budge the nut at the steering gear. I soaked it in rust penetrant. I tried using a flare nut wrench and a regular wrench and just could not get enough leverage on the nut to bust it loose. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
94 wrangler 2.5L 5spd. I need to replace the power steering return hose that goes from the reservoir to the steering gear. Has anyone done this and can give me some tips. There is not a lot of room and I could not budge the nut at the steering gear. I soaked it in rust penetrant. I tried using a flare nut wrench and a regular wrench and just could not get enough leverage on the nut to bust it loose. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I've not personally had this problem, but you may have to just pull the gear box to a point where you can get leverage. It may be more of a PITA than its worth.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.