Replacing Hydraulic Clutch Line - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacing Hydraulic Clutch Line

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
floridaknight

Replacing Hydraulic Clutch Line

I have a 93 Wrangler Sport. On the way home from school, I lost all pressure in the clutch. When I pulled into a parking lot, I looked underneath the Jeep to see liquid dripping from the bell casing. The culprit was a metal clutch line. Would this be the clutch hydraulic line? If so, can it be replaced without having to drop the transmission? I was hoping for a "quick" repair in the parking lot. Thank you all in advance for your insight! I am completely ignorant when it comes to mechanical repairs of the Wrangler.

floridaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
SteveJcoYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

if its the line that runs from the clutch master to the slave cylinder, then yes you have to correct line

if you have an external slave you can replace the line without dropping the trans, i don't remember if its 94 on or 93 on for ext slaves. if you don't have the external slave, there will either be a black thing mounted outside of the transmission housing on the drivers side or there won't be, then i believe you will have to drop the trans.
SteveJcoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yes its hydraulic. Thought it was 94-95 have external slave cylinders?

Just bought the same part from the dealership usually runs around $170-200, got mine for $177. Have found non on the internet for internal slave cylinders.
befumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
floridaknight

Thank you two for your responses. Unfortunately, I am going to have to remove the transmission.
floridaknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.