replacing clutch slave cylinder 93 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > replacing clutch slave cylinder 93 4.0

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 06-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Nate M
1998 TJ Wrangler 

replacing clutch slave cylinder 93 4.0

Hey guys I have no pressure after my jeep sits for ten or twenty minutes now in my clutch pedal...I can pump the pedal and get the clutch pedal back but it is leaking fluid which I cannot see so I am quiete positive it is the slave cylinder...what is envolved in this repair?

Nate

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=11
Nate M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Pull your carpet and see if the master is leaking in the cab under the clutch pedal...........

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/clutch-master-cylinder-replacement-728960/

Just found this

its what I was talking about.............

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
Nate M
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I sure hope it is the master but in the case that it is the slave has anyone done this repair?

Unread 06-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

If it is your slave and it is stock then you will need to drop the transmission as the 93' came with the internal slave.

Once you drop the tranny you just take the old slave out and put the new one in. That part of the job is fairly easy.

If your clutch is old or original you may want to put a new clutch in there while you're at it. They sell clutch kits such as LUK which comes with a new slave clutch pressure plate and all the goodies you will need.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
If it is your slave and it is stock then you will need to drop the transmission as the 93' came with the internal slave.

Once you drop the tranny you just take the old slave out and put the new one in. That part of the job is fairly easy.

If your clutch is old or original you may want to put a new clutch in there while you're at it. They sell clutch kits such as LUK which comes with a new slave clutch pressure plate and all the goodies you will need.
And here's a pic of the old slave still installed on my AX-15 right after I pulled it out.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Nate M
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well I think I may get lucky and it is the master cylinder that is bad. I actually work in sales for the largest spring pin manufacturer in the world and original designer of the coiled spring pin, Spirol International.

I am going to get a new master cylinder and replace the one I have and see if I can get the bleeder off the slave end of the system. I will start hitting the bleeder with PB now while I wait for the Master Cylinder to arrive.

Thanks for your help guys and I will keep you posted on the progress.

Nate

Unread 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
Nate M
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so I replaced the Clutch M/C last night after work and sure enough looks like the tiny little 1/4 inch bleeder for the slave cylinder is not going to open up for me.

I noticed that the bleeder is threaded into a larger cap which the line coming out of the bell housing threads into...I think this is hopefully a part which I can replace??? Maybe it comes with a new bleeder too?

I am going to look into it but this should hopefully work because even after I pumped the pedal for five minutes I still had next to no fluid movement or pedal feel so I am thinking it needs to be bled bad.

Nate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.