Replacing battery (+) wires, need a suggestion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacing battery (+) wires, need a suggestion

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
tkwok
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Replacing battery (+) wires, need a suggestion

I'm planning to replace both of the positive wires coming off from the battery to the starter and to the PDC. I noticed there are 2 eyelets on the end of the wire going into the PDC. I've checked my local auto parts store and they only have single eyelet ends. do you guys have any suggestions on how should I go about replacing this wire with the double eyelets?

thanks

tkwok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

are you talking they have eyelets on both ends of the wire? They do make them. In my zj I needed a 12" one. Most of the box stores have them but dont list them by vehicle...

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

See how this guy uses 2 cables. http://custombatterycables.com/appli...ler_cables.htm (no experience with his product, just saw it online)
dancytron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just go to a single heavy duty lug that fits on one of the studs.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
tkwok
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yes, i'm talking about this connection at the PDC. This photo is from a 2000 wrangler. On my 95 YJ, the studs at the PDC is in the vertical position.

tkwok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I put the opening on the bottom stud, and pushed it up as far as i could and tightened the top nut on the top of the end snugly.

Edit for Photo:

11' F250 - DD

1982 Toyota Pick-Up - Spray-On Yellow Rhino Lined - Chevrolet 305 H.O. - SM465 - NP208C - All-Pro Off Road 5" Springs - 35x15.50x15 Super Swampers
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

im gonna have to do this as well... new battery as well as postitive and ground wires
SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancytron View Post
See how this guy uses 2 cables. http://custombatterycables.com/appli...ler_cables.htm (no experience with his product, just saw it online)
Problem though is our YJs are verticle instead of horizonal.
This also from that web site.

The fuse block wire is 4 gauge wire with a singe hole heavy duty 90 end. The wire is a heavier gauge than the factory wire for reduced voltage drop. If you have the factory 2-hole connector you may need to fabricate a jumper. Some guys just cut the old connector off and use it for a jumper.

This would be really easy to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.