Which replacement steering shaft to get? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Which replacement steering shaft to get?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 01-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
brunolinski
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Which replacement steering shaft to get?

89 YJ: I am replacing my steering shaft b/c mine has developed some play and it is not as safe as it could be.

I know I can get a new one from dozens of vendor websites, but I am not sure which one I want. If you have replaced your steering shaft, please let me know the following:

what brand do you have:
when did you get it:
where did you purchase it:
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH IT?

thanks!
B

brunolinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
ritjobbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've had the Borgeson shaft in my YJ for about a year now. Noticeably less slop and vibration in my steering, but then again my old shaft was toast. Joints were bad and the slip joint was frooooozen solid.

It's a really nice heavy piece of steel. It'll definitely outlast my Jeep. Rubber boot over the slip joint. Splines were really tight on my column and Durango box. Really nice fit. The slip joint is kinda' hard to get moving, but this is only really a problem during installation. It'll move just fine when you smash into a tree.

With steering and brakes, you really can't skimp, IMO. Safety first.
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

jc whitney. $99. 2 years and no issues.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.