Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #121
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy93 View Post
this is strange. are the seats any different than the 98 grand am seats?
I just put seats from a 98 2door grand am into my 93 YJ, and they bolted right in.
I just pulled the stock seats, moved the jeep sliders to the grand am seats, and bolted them back into the jeep.
I don't remember the bolt measurements at the moment, but I can check tonight.
here are some pics,

Those are the exact same seats I got from the '98 Cavalier. You have the same center console too. It's kinda tight, but it works.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #122
sam.b.
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Good god this is pissing me off. The info in the writeup is first hand knowledge so I am not shure what the deal is. If you can, please let me know the dimentions of your year seat braket and the seats themselves.

I am working on a theory that there are two different YJ risers out there.
i didnt see this till just now but tommorow i will get hte dimensions before i install my adaptors and seats
www.kifourwheelers.com << Louisville Ky. based 4x4 club
sam.b. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #123
sam.b.
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so i got my seats in they are comfortable my adaptors worked great just some flat steel 16x3 in size (not sure on thickness) with holes drilled to adapt the seats to the sliders

the dimensions of my drivers side slider is (from center hole to center hole)
14 3/8" wide
12 1/2" long

my pass side are
14 3/8" wide
12 1/2" long

the seat dimensions were (from center hole to center hole)
14" long on both sides
the distance between the front two holes were 13 1/2" (i could have measured wrong buti dont think so
on the rear of the seat it was 13 3/8" between the center of the two holes

i didnt get the measurements for the pass. seat but i assume they are hte same or really close to it

here are pics

crappy pic of the bracket

EDIT sorry for the size of the pics if someone wants to resize them just do so and post them in a new post or PM them to me and i will switch them
www.kifourwheelers.com << Louisville Ky. based 4x4 club
sam.b. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #124
carpekd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a tj rear seat for sale if anyone wants to swap that into their YJ...
just PM me
carpekd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #125
Windsma
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I just replaced my 90 YJ fixed seats w/ some YJ reclining the sliders dont match up. Anyone have some? PM Me.

I also was wondering how safe are these swaps?

It was just an idea b/c right now my YJ reclines are held on w/ 2 bolts.
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"]White Jeep Club Member #1981
Burlington, North Carolina[/COLOR]
1990 Wrangler 2.5L bought 3/10/08
70 Camaro RS Dragcar. Watch it fly:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vL6Ilmdtc4[/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Windsma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #126
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Bestop Low-backs...direct bolt in

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #127
TheRobster
1997 ZJ 

Seats from a 1997 Sunfire RS.

If anyone is interested, I have a great set of original seats I would let go for $50. Shipping would probably be quite expensive though.
TheRobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #128
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

those lowbacks look good, not very safe, but look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #129
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have the bestop heated seats (really nice in the winter, even better to turn on without passenger knowing in the summer), I'm fairly tall (6'6") and the seats sat so high that i had a hard time getting in an out, and couldn't lift my leg high enough to hit the clutch with the doors on, so i took of the slider brackets and drilled a new set of holes about 1"-2" back, and it gave some much needed leg room, and it lowered the seat some
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #130
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I put in some seats from a 95 eagle talon. I had to fab up brackets made from flat steel I used 3 inch wide plate and had to drill holes to line everything up. I also had to cut the front of my brackets to level out the seat. The seats I used were power seats so I had to make room for the motors they stuck down quite abit. So that also raised my seats 2 inches higher then stock. My stock steering wheel was too big so I bought a grant wheel that alows me to slide under it into the seat. I ran a wire into my radio slot on my fuse box and another wire under the dash for a ground and got the power hooked up. They were light grey so I went to Trio a local auto parts store and bought some charcoal spray on fabric dye. They feel so much better then my stock seats. I am happy with the Mod.
Unread 11-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #131
ninjzx998
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to contribute. I had a Landrover Disco I sitting around so I decided to try a seat swap to my Yj. Well it is a poor fit, fabrication needed and the seats end up being to high/close to the steering wheel and no room for center console and hits against roll bar on the side. They were comfy though.
ninjzx998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #132
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

95 grand am seats fit perfectly with a 95 YJ
obsessedjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #133
Ben_88Jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bestop TrailMax Pro

I put these in my Jeep. Direct bolt up even was able to use the original factory sliders. The rear tumbler seat was still in good shape, so I used the bestop seat cover that matched the new seats. The seat cover was ~100 bux. Matched the fabric perfecetly.

They worked out to 325 Canadian each.

Ben_88Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #134
ghost183
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Good god this is pissing me off. The info in the writeup is first hand knowledge so I am not shure what the deal is. If you can, please let me know the dimentions of your year seat braket and the seats themselves.

I am working on a theory that there are two different YJ risers out there.

hey rusty...
i did a recent seat bracket swap and saw what youre theorizing.. i have trailmax II's and the stationary seat risers in my 92 were NOT the same mounting dimensions as the new (to me) flip forward seat risers from the 87-90 era that i put in.. the flips bolt pattern and actual mounting area was about 1/4 - 3/8 thinner in width but the stationaries bolt pattern was spaced apart more length wise, so i had to drill 2 new rear holes in the flips for the sliders and pull them out a tad to mount the sliders..

notice the 2 guys with the grand-am seats? one fit and one didnt, the issue is,
drum roll pleeeeeeeeeeease...
one has flips and the other stationary bracketry.. hence your theory is becoming evident

anyone else experiance this?

have any input?
Important Notice:... DUE TO RECENT BUDGET CUTS, STOCK MARKET PERFORMANCE, RISING COST OF ELECTRICITY, GAS AND OIL... THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.... WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE............ Regards:... THE GOVERNMENT
ghost183 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #135
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

I went to the JY today and they had a tonnnnn of stuff. Quite possibly one of every type of possible swap that was listed. I noticed a set of 03 Neon seats and came here to check them out and sure enough theyre on the list but since I dont have access to a welder I decided they would be a no-go.

Anyways I saw Camaro seats are one of the ones on there. It says 82+ but is there a year where that stops and they might no longer fit? Just figured I'd ask before I need to pull and measure myself.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.