Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 12-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #91
NavyAg
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit05
there bolt in, they flip up like jeep , they do not recline,
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture020.jpg
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture019.jpg
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture021.jpg
they apear to be mounted without any mods,but cant tell without knowing what they came from
First post guys but have been reading the forums for some time now. These seats look just like the seats in my 1996 Ford Explorer. If they are, they are among the most comfortable seats that I have ever sat in. I am looking to change the seats in my 90 YJ as well and have always considered trying this swap. I wlll try now based on these pictures. Thanks!

NavyAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #92
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

So 96 ford explorer seats added to the list. Looks like minor mods as long as the risers bolt up. Courtesy of kit05

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 03:48 PM   #93
otorahanga
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There's plenty of options for people wanting a little height increase. Has anybody found seats from another vehicle that sit lower? I'm not looking to get "racing" seats which would most likely be lower.

Thanks
otorahanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 05:59 AM   #94
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by otorahanga
There's plenty of options for people wanting a little height increase. Has anybody found seats from another vehicle that sit lower? I'm not looking to get "racing" seats which would most likely be lower.

Thanks

The biggest thing that would help lower the YJ seats is the risers not new seats. You would need to cut down the riser. Also, FYI, most of the "racing" seat applications raise the seat height.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #95
HighCountry
1986 CJ7 

I really like the bench seat idea, buckets are more cute than functional. I would like a straight solid bench with the seat back that folds forward like pickup trucks once used.
HighCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #96
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCountry
I really like the bench seat idea, buckets are more cute than functional. I would like a straight solid bench with the seat back that folds forward like pickup trucks once used.
when wheeling (or driving at all for that matter), i'd much rather have a bucket than a bench seat, the buckets hold you in place better. i think you would slide around more on a bench seat.
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #97
chico166
2011 JK Wrangler 

How to remove the headrests on the cavalier seats:
You have to really pull upward and work it from side to side. There is a notch that you can't see until the headrest is removed. They point to the right on both seats, and once you clear it, the headrest will pop right off. Hope this helps.

Unread 02-20-2008, 04:00 AM   #98
DaSham58
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I just put 97 Grand Am 2 door seats in my 87 YJ and they were supposed to be a direct bolt in ! they wasn't the passenger seat was off a 1\2 inch both ways and the drivers was way off I took the risers out of a 95 YJ that I have for parts and the Grand Am seats was a perfect match.

n-seat-1-.jpg

n-seat-2-.jpg
Unread 03-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #99
jayhawk10
1993 YJ Wrangler 

where oh where, can I find rear seat belts for my 93 YJ? I bought it with a replaced rear seat and no seat belts? looked every where can't find them- don't really want to buy them on ebay could come from wrecked jeep?
jayhawk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #100
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk10 View Post
where oh where, can I find rear seat belts for my 93 YJ? I bought it with a replaced rear seat and no seat belts? looked every where can't find them- don't really want to buy them on ebay could come from wrecked jeep?
This is so the wrong place for this, but here.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/24247_20X_PG.htm
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #101
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk10 View Post
A) to the forum

B) see above post for the seatbelts your looking for

C) when you posted your question in here, you "Hijacked" the thread. This is not a proper thing to do. This could have simply been asked in a new thread.
The reason it is called a "Hijack" is you took the thread off course of it's origional purpose.

-Rusty

Unread 03-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #102
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

man i so lost now from being hijacked...what the hell were we talking about, engine swaps???...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #103
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I came across some info that may mean that there is a probelm fitting Sunfire seats. It may be that the years previously reported are not correct.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...07#post8345607

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #104
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler View Post
I came across some info that may mean that there is a probelm fitting Sunfire seats. It may be that the years previously reports are not correct.

I saw this as well and am currently reading a few threads about what did fit and what didn't. Thanx for the heads up man.

Unread 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #105
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler View Post
I came across some info that may mean that there is a probelm fitting Sunfire seats. It may be that the years previously reports are not correct.

Maybe that guy got some after-market sunfire seats.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.