Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Reply
Unread 12-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #76
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...
 
Helldorado Customs's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 4,979
I will be adding this to the FAQ section this week. I'm going to search out the other posts that have been posted over the past few years and add them to the list. Thanks to all that have contributed...and keep'em coming. Good job!

__________________
I like to build stuff. Want to know what I build, you can google it HERE
Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #77
glenno
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 276
Figured out posting

Here is a pic of one of my Best Top seats.



glenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #78
bulitnv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 25
Just went to the pick a part yeaterday. First try, a 99 2 door cavalier. Not a direct bolt in for my 89 YJ Sahara. First off, the bolt holes on the bottom of the YJ Sahara seat are only 12.5" front to back, the Cavalier'sbolt holes measured 14" front to back. No problem right, just drill new holes...........wrong again. The sliders that blot up to the YJ seats are only 13" long themselves..........To make matters worse, the side to side measurement is incorrect as well.

Next I tried a 4 door 96 Achieva. Same exact bot pattern as the 99 2 door Cavalier. The seats in the Achieva were nice so I bough them anyways.

I had to buy 4, 16" long metal bar to bolt onto the seats, thus bolting the sliders to the metal bar.

I bought both seats for $24.16 for the pair. Hell, paid more in hardware to bolt them up.

Just FYI to anyone that might buy salvage seats over the phone, double check the bolt up measurements.
bulitnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #79
FranknJeep
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 79
I have a set of seats out of a 99 explorer. I havent installed them yet but will let you guys know the skinny on the install
FranknJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #80
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....
 
rustywrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 18,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulitnv
Just went to the pick a part yeaterday. First try, a 99 2 door cavalier. Not a direct bolt in for my 89 YJ Sahara. First off, the bolt holes on the bottom of the YJ Sahara seat are only 12.5" front to back, the Cavalier'sbolt holes measured 14" front to back. No problem right, just drill new holes...........wrong again. The sliders that blot up to the YJ seats are only 13" long themselves..........To make matters worse, the side to side measurement is incorrect as well.

Next I tried a 4 door 96 Achieva. Same exact bot pattern as the 99 2 door Cavalier. The seats in the Achieva were nice so I bough them anyways.

I had to buy 4, 16" long metal bar to bolt onto the seats, thus bolting the sliders to the metal bar.

I bought both seats for $24.16 for the pair. Hell, paid more in hardware to bolt them up.

Just FYI to anyone that might buy salvage seats over the phone, double check the bolt up measurements.
It actually sounds like you got 4 door cavi seats. That is what the issue is with the 4 door seats. At least from what I understand.

Just to clarify, you tried to bolt the cavi seats, toss the cavi hardware, directly to the YJ slider and they do not line up???
__________________

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #81
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....
 
rustywrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 18,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangfire77
I have a set of seats out of a 99 explorer. I havent installed them yet but will let you guys know the skinny on the install
PM Fogrunner. He did the swap that I have listed. It sounds like he did alot of fab work with welding.
__________________

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #82
Mark455SD
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens N.Y
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenno
Here is a pic of one of my Best Top seats.



I love the look of the low back seats. The price is right too. I was just wondering how they were with the factory seat belts. Can you post a pic when you get your belts in. Thanks
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #83
glenno
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 276
I sure will as soon as I install

I'm going to clean and paint them first, black of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark455SD
I love the look of the low back seats. The price is right too. I was just wondering how they were with the factory seat belts. Can you post a pic when you get your belts in. Thanks
glenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #84
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...
 
Helldorado Customs's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 4,979
Ok, gonna post a few more links and put this thread in the FAQ. Thanks to those that contributed.


http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...t=replace+seat

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...t=replace+seat

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...t=replace+seat

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...t=replace+seat
Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #85
bulitnv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler
It actually sounds like you got 4 door cavi seats. That is what the issue is with the 4 door seats. At least from what I understand.

Just to clarify, you tried to bolt the cavi seats, toss the cavi hardware, directly to the YJ slider and they do not line up???
It was a 2 door Cavi, I pulled the seats myself, yanked the hardware off the bottom and toted the seat out to my truck to line it up with my slider/riser. No Go!
bulitnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #86
kit05
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: canada
Posts: 21
seats

i have no idea what these came out of but this is what i have, at least its not another cavalier seat lol
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture008.jpg
kit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #87
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....
 
rustywrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 18,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit05
i have no idea what these came out of but this is what i have, at least its not another cavalier seat lol
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture008.jpg

Do you have any other pics of them???
__________________

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #88
kit05
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: canada
Posts: 21
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture018.jpg
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture009.jpg
they are power, and the knee rest is telescopic
kit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #89
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....
 
rustywrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 18,616
Not bad lookin seats. Does it look like they were bolted in or did they fab something up????
__________________

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #90
kit05
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: canada
Posts: 21
there bolt in, they flip up like jeep , they do not recline,
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture020.jpg
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture019.jpg
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture021.jpg
they apear to be mounted without any mods,but cant tell without knowing what they came from
kit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.