Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 28 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #406
booya1967
2006 TJ Wrangler 

here is a pic

new-seat-1.jpg  
booya1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #407
1tuffchevy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

went to the junkyard today and grabbed some '00 cavalier seats for $23 a piece bolted right up tto the stock sliders! very happy with the way they look and are very comfy!
1tuffchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #408
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffchevy
went to the junkyard today and grabbed some '00 cavalier seats for $23 a piece bolted right up tto the stock sliders! very happy with the way they look and are very comfy!
Was it a 2 door or 4 door Cavalier?
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington
Kuntryboy816 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #409
1tuffchevy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816 View Post
Was it a 2 door or 4 door Cavalier?
it was a 2 door
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #410
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffchevy

it was a 2 door
Sweet! Thanks for the info.
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #411
1tuffchevy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816 View Post
Sweet! Thanks for the info.
nooo problem!
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #412
roadgator
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ford explorer seats bolted right in once I unbolted the power seat tracks.

I was able to use the Jeep tracks on the explorer seats. They then bolted up to my Jeep tilt brackets. They are a little high, so I plan on shortening the tilt arms for the Jeep. The console is from a ford ranger.

roadgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #413
DuckWarrior
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for the master list of the seat swaps and all I get is the front page when I click on the link.
Does anyone have an updated link to the list?
DuckWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #414
Stingray427

Hey Roadgator, the Explorer seats and console look great!

What year are the seats and the console from?

Also what is the width and length of the console?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadgator View Post
Ford explorer seats bolted right in once I unbolted the power seat tracks.

I was able to use the Jeep tracks on the explorer seats. They then bolted up to my Jeep tilt brackets. They are a little high, so I plan on shortening the tilt arms for the Jeep. The console is from a ford ranger.

Stingray427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #415
roadgator
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray427 View Post
Hey Roadgator, the Explorer seats and console look great!

What year are the seats and the console from?

Also what is the width and length of the console?

Thanks!
Sorry for not replying. Just saw this post.

The seats are from a 2000 explorer. They are full power and you will need a jumpbox to move the seats in the junkyard to get to the bolts. They are 10mm. They also have a pain in the butt bolt that holds a slide for the seatbelt receiver.

I have not tried yet, but I think I can still run the power lumbar supports on the seats if I run power to them. They look to be separate from the power seat leveling motors.

The console is from a 98 or 99 ranger extracab that had the same kind of seats as the explorer. You can find them on ebay, but not for the 7 bucks I paid at the junkyard for mine. I can get measurements tomorrow for you. I still have not mounted the console. I may raise it a little higher.
roadgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #416
locohosa
1984 CJ7 

Looking for more of a comfy bench style seat…

Well, the wife to be has spoken. She wants a comfy seat she can lay across on long trips while I drive. She would like to be able to lay her head on my lap like she can in my 1996 Dodge Ram. The problem is that I cannot think of any seat that will be narrow enough, bench style, not horribly uncomfortable, and still allow access to the back seats…

Haha, any thoughts?

EDIT: Its going in a CJ, practacily the same tub as the YJ. I just liked your long awesome thread.
locohosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #417
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There was mention of a ford ranger front bench somewhere.
Unread 02-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #418
Richard_

1995 YJ Wrangler 

any one using Honda seats ?? I found some from a 99 civic for $75.00 and want to know if they will fit before I call the guy
Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #419
michaelf5567
1995 YJ Wrangler 

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

So I went to the closest junk yard to the house and decided to get some seats. My drivers seat had the gangsta lean to it and was driving me crazy. I grabbed my 1 foot level and stuck it under my seat to get a gauge for how wide my rails are and it was pretty close so I took it with me out into the yard and just started putting it under every seat to try and find something remotely close and the best was this Explorer Sport Trac, 2002 model. When I got home and started toying with it I found that the holes where only 1/2 inch different from side to side and were a little under an inch different from front to back. So that meant I only needed 1/4 inch of movement from side to side on each bolt, which was pretty exciting, and the front to back length was going to be the tricky part. Well once I got the seats broke down and the rails off the ford seats I saw that there was 3 holes on the rails for it on the back but only one of them had threads. The second hole from the back was within about a quarter inch of the existing holes on the jeep seat support rails, so heres what I did.

First thing I did was just directly bolt up the front of the jeep rails to the front of the seat in the pre existing holes with the stock bolts out of the ford seats.

Next I turned the seats around and found that the holes in the YJ rails were so so close to the second holes in the Ford seats.

In the picture I have already done some drilling but when you turn it around and put your rail over the holes of the Ford seats, you will be able to see half of the second hole right through the rail. Now the second hole is just a hair tighter than 5/16th so break out your 5/16th metal bit and make that second hole just a little bit bigger. Then what I did was pull my rail over and I stuck my drill bit through the rail and down into the hole I had just made bigger and then I just started running the drill and just kinda widened out the hole in the rail in the right direction. The idea here was I was using the lower hole in the seat frame to hold my drill bit in place and to give me some leverage so I could just put a little pressure on the metal of the rail and give myself a spot to drop a bolt down into the seat frame.

Next you just need to put in some hardware to hold it all together. I used 5/16" x 1" bolts and 5/16" nylon insert locking nuts(if you don't know, these just have a little bit of nylon in the last bit of threads to keep them from backing off) and I used six 5/16" x 1" washers. The washers are just to try and level out the seat a little bit. I may end up adding more later on...still leans back pretty far.

Last thing to do is a little cutting on the plastic on the side of the passenger seat so you can get to the lift handle for access into the back seat. Just line it up and cut it out enough to get your fingers in there to hit the lever.

And that's it, you're ready to put them back in your jeep. I really can't believe how easy these were to put in. I did the passenger seat first and I did it all wrong....I definitely did that one like an idiot. I tried a whole different approach with the drivers seat and it just went great. Do both seats this way and it should take you more than an hour.

Here's the finished product.

michaelf5567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #420
mlcasey13
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Turns out some 4door Cavalier seat bolt right in.... The local pull it yard had a special Sunday any seat was $9.99 so I couldn't pass that up. All the 2door models were missing their seats so I settled for a 2002 4door. When I got home and pulled my passenger seat to get measurements for adapter brackets I found they were the same measurement! My jeep is a 95 if that matters.

Dont blow off the 4doors they might just fit!
mlcasey13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.