Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #226
causeican
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe I have issues

I thought it was a good idea to have leather....Easy to clean and wipe down...But I hate a cold @$$ when I get up in the morning so the solution....1999 Cadillac cattera seats......Heated power and leather ......Had to remember NOT to hook up ALL of the wires(Built in Airbags)(That would have left a mark !!!!) All new mounts but worth it ....Bonus is the wife now loves it!!! Will post photos when the waterproof lockboxes underneath are done!!! Nothing is ever easy!!!!

causeican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #227
allenoffroad
2014 JK Wrangler 

I used Best Top Low back bucket seets. No lumbar support - they are kinda old school like my YJ
allenoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #228
Bc36002

Anyone attemted any rear seat swaps ?
Bc36002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #229
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowajeepers View Post
Unknown seat type. They were installed when I bought the jeep.

Any help identifying would be greatly appreciated!

They look good.... whatever they are.

Big question - my seats see outdoor conditions too much. All these swaps are to indoor only seats. Problems?
Unread 12-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #230
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeican View Post
I thought it was a good idea to have leather....Easy to clean and wipe down...But I hate a cold @$$ when I get up in the morning so the solution....1999 Cadillac cattera seats......Heated power and leather ......Had to remember NOT to hook up ALL of the wires(Built in Airbags)(That would have left a mark !!!!) All new mounts but worth it ....Bonus is the wife now loves it!!! Will post photos when the waterproof lockboxes underneath are done!!! Nothing is ever easy!!!!
I'd like to see pics of these.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #231
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a unique set of seats for a YJ. These are out of a 2004 S40 Volvo. They are suede and fabric so that they will still breath. The bolsters are just right. Hold you snug and yet do no interfere with you getting in and out of the rig. It took a lot of cutting and welding, but definitely worth it. Had to lower the risers approx. 5" to retain the proper height. These are heated, but I am waiting on the schematics to arrive before I start probing around. I'm too chicken about inadvertently setting off the side bolster airbags. The passenger side will get done shortly after I have a days rest.
img_7581-desktop-resolution-.jpg   before1.jpg   after2.jpg  
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #232
cosmo_j
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2002 hyundai tiburon. had to make a seat bracket that bolted to the stock yj bracket.ill try for some pics.
cosmo_j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #233
Hurley91

Those look really good. Did you get them from the wreckers?
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #234
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
Those look really good. Did you get them from the wreckers?
$270 for the complete set (including rear seats) from LKQ via E-Bay.
Unread 01-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #235
rficken42
1998 TJ Wrangler 

great thread info here guys. and thanks to all your input it looks like i'm gonna start looking for a 98 caviler.
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #236
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

O.K., I figured out the wiring and control for the seat heaters(2004 Volvo S40 seats).
This is likely relevant for a lot of swaps where the new seats have heaters that are CanBus/PCI controlled. If your new seats have a 10K thermistor for monitoring temp, then this is your solution for making the seat heaters work in your YJ. I found this circuit on-line for a thermostat control, it is perfect for this application.... Craig's Thermostat Circuits
Total cost for parts was around 30 bucks for both seats combined. I was able to build the thermostat circuit on a perf board and adapt it to the original seat CanBus controller which was essentially used as an interface.
The heater elements (One on the lower seat and one on the back rest) were wired in parallel, which makes them the same as having the seat heat set to high. I was able to set the temp to 105 deg. F and control within two degrees of this setpoint. Here are some pics, each application will be different depending upon the OEM, but this will give you an idea.
four.jpg   one-1024x768-.jpg   three-1024x768-.jpg  
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #237
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

2000 Sunfire seats. They are very comfortable. Only problem I had was trying to remove the seat belt holder on the head rest. I was able to break it off though. Can post pics later if they are needed.
H_Swank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #238
newyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hey guys, I'm a big guy 6'5 would like to lower or put in seats to get some more knee room any thoughts?
newyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #239
Roadyy
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok heres what I just finished on my refit. I read all of these and since the jeep I bought had rusted and rotted seats,I know I'm gonna change the seats.
I have a 86 bronco II eddie bauher edition with great interior but bad drive train. HMMMMMM
the bolt pattern was only 1/8th of an inch difference so I slotted the back holes and vualaaa. [url]http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/roady2u/refitofseats004.jpg
http://http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/roady2u/refit%20seats%20in%2094%20jeep/refitofseats001.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/roady2u/refit%20seats%20in%2094%20jeep/refitofseats002.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/roady2u/refitofseats003.jpg

I am going to cut the brackets down to give more leg clearance and they match almost perfect with the spice dash. They are extremely comfy and they have electric lumbar I will hooking up later also.
What are your opinions.

Last edited by Roadyy; 03-22-2010 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: pictures not showing
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #240
Roadyy
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

ok the pics didnt show from photobucket. Not sure what went wrong. Guess I still have some learning to do on this pic transfer. I copied the shortcut into the add pic.
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.