Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #181
dbikers
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironworker709 View Post
They look comfy!
they are like riding in heaven...i don't have to hold myself up by the steering wheel anymore ...i can lean against the back of the seat....
They are comfy!

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #182
rmwhite
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbikers View Post
those xploder seats really look factory!
i went through every gm car (cav,sunfire, sunbird, grand am, grand prix) in my junk yard..found that all of those seats were crap..backs and bottoms twisted, recliners not working, overall, poor quality.
but my pick-n-pull had a few ford contours with some seats (reclining) in good shape...the sliders on the contour seats were a lot better than the ones on my jeep seats so i kept the contour sliders...
Both recline (a bit snug at the roll bar), both slide, and both fold n tumble ...the color is the same, just different lighting from opposite sides of the jeep in my garage...color matches the factory gray just ok (nothin' like those explorer seats), but they were very cheap (scored them $40 for the pair) and were nearly a direct bolt in
How nearly direct of a bolt on were they? Any idea on the contours year? Thanks
rmwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #183
dbikers
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i posted the link in my first post with pics...here's the link that i worked from....basically, grind off 8 rivits from each seat (from the seat's slider to the riser) and they bolt right on to the original jeep riser.
You can put a little spacer between the rear slider and the riser if there's too much of a tilt back...but again, as close to "bolt-in" as you will find

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721365

i think i got mine from a 98....must make sure that the contour slider is the "U" type bar that goes all the way across the front of the seat like on the jeep, not just an angled lever as the slider is nowhere near compatable

I did it in 2 hrs from the time i got home with the seats
Unread 08-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #184
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix leather seats.

I unbolted the whole Grand Prix mount/slider assembly from the base of the leather seats. The rear seat mount holes lined up exactly with the stock Jeep mounts, all I had to do was drill 2 new holes in the front of stock YJ mount/sliders which were about 3/4" toward the back from the original ones and bolt them up. The stock sliders still work and so does the tilt forward on the passenger side. There was no way to use the Grand Prix electric slider without fabbing up entirely new seat brackets, and I didn't feel like doing that.

RedRockJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #185
Alacran
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Man! Those are nice looking seats. Almost too nice. I'd be afraid of getting them dirty. If you don't mind my asking what did they run you?
Alacran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #186
szmarkman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Great looking Grand Prix seats!!! Has anyone here tried trimming back the wheel wells in a yj to fit a wider rear seat? I am looking for more room to haul 3 small kids and get the 3rd seat belt in. I have seen the swap post using the explorer rear buckets but nothing about getting a wider bench in place. Any help appreciated. I have 33's with 15x8 wheels with less backspacing than stock and it looks like there would be room to remove some of the stock wheel well to gain some interior room. Any input appreciated I am new to the forum and new to Jeeps FYI.
szmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #187
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by szmarkman View Post
Great looking Grand Prix seats!!! Has anyone here tried trimming back the wheel wells in a yj to fit a wider rear seat? I am looking for more room to haul 3 small kids and get the 3rd seat belt in. I have seen the swap post using the explorer rear buckets but nothing about getting a wider bench in place. Any help appreciated.
Honestly man, I would never try that. After being an EMT for several years, I would not want my kids any closer to the roll bar then they already are. And space wise, 3 across is gonna get really tight.

Even the TJ rear seat is for two and it cuts into the wheel well a good 4" on each side compared to the YJ.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #188
dbikers
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Great looking Grand Prix seats!!! Has anyone here tried trimming back the wheel wells in a yj to fit a wider rear seat? I am looking for more room to haul 3 small kids and get the 3rd seat belt in. I have seen the swap post using the explorer rear buckets but nothing about getting a wider bench in place. Any help appreciated. I have 33's with 15x8 wheels with less backspacing than stock and it looks like there would be room to remove some of the stock wheel well to gain some interior room. Any input appreciated I am new to the forum and new to Jeeps FYI.
The secret is to make an extra wide jeep
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #189
RedRockJK
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Man! Those are nice looking seats. Almost too nice. I'd be afraid of getting them dirty. If you don't mind my asking what did they run you?
Thanks! They were $265 including shipping. I got them off ebay.
RedRockJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #190
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well I'm ready to change out my seats. I read this entire thread, and what sux about it? Half or more of the pictures don't work. Mostly the photobucket pics.
I would like to see what the Sunfire seats look like.
The Ford Contour seats look pretty good, but I've never found a comfortable Ford seat. Those may be different.

I need a seat that has a separate headrest so I can use my 5 point harnesses. The one's with the integrated headrest won't work.
I will have a loop welded to my roll bar main hoop to attach them to, but I still want to have them fold/tumble for the kids to get in and out when the top is on.
The Montero seats look pretty good too.
This is something I want to get to pretty soon. So I'm bumping this thread up.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #191
Machine15825
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I took the back seat from an 05 rubicon and just had to mount the brackets in the back. Its really nice because these seats are easily removed and that's a handy ordeal with the limited storage space of a jeep.
Machine15825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #192
NJscott
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i remember a thread a while back where someone put the bench seat out of a ranger or explorer in the back. anyone remember where that one is?
daystar 1" bl
1.25" booms
NJscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #193
Swampfox
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsyKing View Post
can anyone tell me what the car model this seats taken from ? looks best.
94-99 Acura integra
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #194
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Somebody posted a front bench seat from a Ranger or something to add a small passenger to the front seat. I guess that would be OK if you had an automatic and didn't have to have a booster seat for the kidling.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #195
szmarkman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I saw that one I dont think it would work out with the 5 speed I am still in search of a better rear seat I measured one out of an explorer but they are too wide, it sounds like the newer rears out of a wrangler are about the only option with a bit of fab work
szmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.