Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 03-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #166
RedRenegade93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

seats for a tall guy

those Explorer seats do look good. For replacement seats, I'm a tall guy and can't afford to spare any more height in the YJ. I'd also like to keep using the stock sliders.

Think I'd be better to try replacement seats or something aftermarket for this? I'm not sure if it's possible to put a more comfortable/supportive seat and keep it roughly the same thickness as the stock ones.

RedRenegade93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #167
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCaster View Post
They are not bolted to the floor yet. I still have to replace the driver's floor pan and do a few other odds and ends before the seats get actually bolted in. I set them in place with the risers mounted to them and they fit perfectly. It looks as if they are quite a bit higher in the front than the Jeep seats and they have a natural recline to the rear of the seat, which I don't mind and actually prefer. One could shim up the rear bolts if you wanted to level it out. Definitely looks like the leg room under the steering wheel is less now. I will take some pics when it is done and post them.
Most definatly waiting on pics of this one man. Care to take a few mockup pics. For your jeepforum buddies

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #168
BossYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

TJ Seats mounted on YJ risers

This was done over this past weekend. After "crawling" around different forums I finally installed TJ seats onto my YJ risers. Fab'd up brackets using 3/16"x2"x15" flat steel and using 3/8 nuts/bolts to secure. PITA!!

Now these things sit up a bit...actually a lot higher than the stock seats but these are too damn comfortable!!! Now gotta fiqure out how to go about modifying the risers to get em out of the sky a lil bit
[url]www.novajeepers.com[/url]
[url]www.virginiakrawlers.com[/url]
BossYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #169
BossYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Would someone be kind enough to make the previous post clicky free please
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #170
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossYJ View Post
This was done over this past weekend. After "crawling" around different forums I finally installed TJ seats onto my YJ risers. Fab'd up brackets using 3/16"x2"x15" flat steel and using 3/8 nuts/bolts to secure. PITA!!

Now these things sit up a bit...actually a lot higher than the stock seats but these are too damn comfortable!!! Now gotta fiqure out how to go about modifying the risers to get em out of the sky a lil bit

Click free!!!

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #171
BossYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Click free!!!
you da man! thank you!
Unread 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #172
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

looks good man, do you sit higher now with the tj seats. I think it was the 95 yj or maybe it was the rio grande package that used seats that look really similar to tj seats too.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #173
BossYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepyj View Post
looks good man, do you sit higher now with the tj seats. I think it was the 95 yj or maybe it was the rio grande package that used seats that look really similar to tj seats too.
Thank ya thank ya ...I sit up quite a bit higher..maybe an inch or two?!?, but these darn seats are the poop! really comfortable..I am actually thinking about modifying my stock risers to get them out of the sky a bit..
Unread 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #174
jerseyjeep2003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I put '04 Rubicon seats in my YJ. Here's a link to a pic that was posted from last years PA All Breeds Jeep show. http://www.jeepfan.com/offroad/pajee...eps08_0301.jpg It took a good bit of "fabbing" the risers since the TJ seats are about 4 inches thicker on the a$$ cushion, but, it was well worth it. Everybody that gets in my Jeep is amazed that it is sooo comfy. Plus I can wheel all day without the dreaded backache and "numbbutt"

http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/r...e7-6-08105.jpg
jerseyjeep2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #175
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I looked at the wiki article. Has anyone figured out the 1987-90 seats yet

I have a 1990 YJ and want to replace the seats with something from a junk yard.

There is a note in the wiki article saying the list won't work for 1990 and before.

Do we know that is true or not yet?

If not, I can go out and measure mine.

Dan
dancytron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #176
lildevildee
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Eh, I cheated and bought some Corbeau Baja RS seats...direct bolt-in.
lildevildee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #177
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancytron View Post
I have a 1990 YJ and want to replace the seats with something from a junk yard.

There is a note in the wiki article saying the list won't work for 1990 and before.

Do we know that is true or not yet?

If not, I can go out and measure mine.

Dan
I am wondering same thing
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #178
Gorilla_97
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossYJ View Post
Thank ya thank ya ...I sit up quite a bit higher..maybe an inch or two?!?, but these darn seats are the poop! really comfortable..I am actually thinking about modifying my stock risers to get them out of the sky a bit..
Could I just weld the TJ seat to my current YJ seat bracket and call it good? Then I wouldn't have to deal with making spacer or shims or worrying about holes lining up.
Gorilla_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #179
dbikers
1989 YJ Wrangler 

those xploder seats really look factory!
i went through every gm car (cav,sunfire, sunbird, grand am, grand prix) in my junk yard..found that all of those seats were crap..backs and bottoms twisted, recliners not working, overall, poor quality.
but my pick-n-pull had a few ford contours with some seats (reclining) in good shape...the sliders on the contour seats were a lot better than the ones on my jeep seats so i kept the contour sliders...
Both recline (a bit snug at the roll bar), both slide, and both fold n tumble ...the color is the same, just different lighting from opposite sides of the jeep in my garage...color matches the factory gray just ok (nothin' like those explorer seats), but they were very cheap (scored them $40 for the pair) and were nearly a direct bolt in
Unread 08-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #180
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

They look comfy!
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.