Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #151
HeepToJeep
1982 CJ8 

Can this thread be condensed and straightened up a bit? It's a great thread but would probably be 2-3 pages shorter and less confusing in a couple of places if the chatter was removed...it sorta bounces back and forth between specific seat tech and chit-chat (no offense intended to anyone that's posted). It's strayed from the original "This is what DOES work" format. Donor vehicle make/model/year, fabrication requirements/installation details and photos if possible.

Wm

HeepToJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #152
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeepToJeep View Post
Can this thread be condensed and straightened up a bit? It's a great thread but would probably be 2-3 pages shorter and less confusing in a couple of places if the chatter was removed...it sorta bounces back and forth between specific seat tech and chit-chat (no offense intended to anyone that's posted). It's strayed from the original "This is what DOES work" format. Donor vehicle make/model/year, fabrication requirements/installation details and photos if possible.

Wm
I plan to do that actually after reading thru it the past few days.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #153
BrockGrimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Do you have a link to where you saw that??? I will add that to the list if I can find proof.
Nah couldn't find the link maybe someone else has seen it.
I seem to remember it was posted over on jeepaholics or MJR.
The guy has nice gray leather ones with in seat heating, he
said it's a nice feature during the winter.
USN Jeep Club Hull #1
CJ Forum
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #154
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

bump.........
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #155
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Hey rustywrangler,

Are those your Explorer seats? They look awesome! I've been looking for nicer used seats for some time. These are the nicest I've seen. I'd even consider pulling my sexy diamond plate console for those babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
So 96 ford explorer seats added to the list. Looks like minor mods as long as the risers bolt up. Courtesy of kit05

Unread 03-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #156
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Hey rustywrangler,

Are those your Explorer seats? They look awesome! I've been looking for nicer used seats for some time. These are the nicest I've seen. I'd even consider pulling my sexy diamond plate console for those babies!
Nope, those are kit05's

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #157
jstreet
1992 YJ Wrangler 

can anyone PM me with any ideas for swappable seat risers for an 87 YJ?
jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #158
snaustin09

What seats are recommended? It's only $10 each for bucket seats at my local pick n pull, and my drivers seat has a tear in the seat. I was kinda thinking about maybe putting in some nice leather seats, there's a pretty new volvo there with heated leather power seats, has anyone tried anything like this, or should I be the first to try to mod something up?
Unread 03-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #159
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaustin09 View Post
What seats are recommended? It's only $10 each for bucket seats at my local pick n pull, and my drivers seat has a tear in the seat. I was kinda thinking about maybe putting in some nice leather seats, there's a pretty new volvo there with heated leather power seats, has anyone tried anything like this, or should I be the first to try to mod something up?
I don't know if anyone has done it, but if you do let's see the pics
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #160
CarbonCaster

I picked up a set of 40/60 split bench out of a 95 Ranger yesterday. I hope they go in without too much trouble. Anybody got pics or info on what to be prepared for in the swap??
CarbonCaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #161
CarbonCaster

UPDATE!!!!!

The 95 Ranger 40/60 split are a NO FAB bolt in ordeal. VERY EASY. I got them for $30.00 too! Now when I get my project YJ on the road as my daily driver and hunting rig, I can if need be fit all 3 of my girls and my wife. I don't see that happening very often, but if or main vehicle goes down, it is nice to have a backup.
Unread 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #162
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCaster View Post
UPDATE!!!!!

The 95 Ranger 40/60 split are a NO FAB bolt in ordeal. VERY EASY. I got them for $30.00 too! Now when I get my project YJ on the road as my daily driver and hunting rig, I can if need be fit all 3 of my girls and my wife. I don't see that happening very often, but if or main vehicle goes down, it is nice to have a backup.
any pics??????
Unread 03-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #163
CarbonCaster

They are not bolted to the floor yet. I still have to replace the driver's floor pan and do a few other odds and ends before the seats get actually bolted in. I set them in place with the risers mounted to them and they fit perfectly. It looks as if they are quite a bit higher in the front than the Jeep seats and they have a natural recline to the rear of the seat, which I don't mind and actually prefer. One could shim up the rear bolts if you wanted to level it out. Definitely looks like the leg room under the steering wheel is less now. I will take some pics when it is done and post them.
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #164
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hello!

Here is two pictures of my swap, did it last year and found old pictures.

Pics are kinda bad, i can take new one if someone wants to, wasnt shooting seats when i took these, anyway wanted to share.

And here im packing my jeep for summer camp

rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #165
sdelliott31
2001 WJ 

Yeah, I'm looking for seats for my YJ 1992. It be great to have a list of year, make, model of seats that would work in one post, and then pics to follow. Especially of the seats that are simple replacement (no mods) in a quick post and then those that have mods, and then pictures. I'm looking to upgrade and have two junk yards near by and would love to bring a sheet and then select what I need. I have risers too.
Thanks all.
sdelliott31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.