Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used

539K views 568 replies 266 participants last post by  tencent 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so after the many, many........Seat swap posts lately, I decided to take some time and compile a list of what seats are direct bolt in and what seats will fit with MINOR modifications.

SO, post up what you ACTUALLY used, not what you have heard fits and what it took to make them fit if some fab work was required. This list will be submitted to TombRaider for final approval and then be stickied. (If that is allright with you of course Tomb...)

LIST MOVED TO JEEPWIKI ARTICLE :
http://www.jeepforum.com/wiki/index.php/CJ/YJ_Seat_swaps

#299 ·
1997 Grand Cherokee Seats

Leather and power. I found them for $80.00 on Craigslist from some one parting out a wrecked Grand Cherokee. These need some fabrication to fit. I was able to mount them using the original mounting holes. Very comfortable.

Attachments

#300 ·
early/mid 90's Mitsubishi Eclipse seats

Early to mid 90' Mitsubishi Eclipse seats. Very comfortable, but far from a direct bolt in. For $35/pair:2thumbsup:, I figured I could make them work. Had to fab up some brackets for the driver's side out of flatstock and use the Eclipse sliders.
I had to bolt the seat to the flip forward passenger bracket w/o sliders to retain the feature.
Still need cleaning, but here's a few pics...

#301 ·
can someone with the cavalier or sunfire seats let me know how they hold up to fading from being topless? also how long do they take to dry out if anyones been caught in the rain?

#302 ·
cavaler seats

Check out my profile we are using cavalier seats we picked from salvage yard a year ago.We live in Daytona near the beach plenty of hot sun so we use a bimini top so far not much fading as far as getting wet the occasional afternoon shower we get caught in towel it off and dries in a couple of hours but I don"t know about a good soaking. But for 18 bucks each i will just get a couple of more they bolt right in but i used some washers to get the back a little higher

#303 ·
Grand-Am seats

Just got my 05 Grand-Am seats in and they bolted right up to stock hardware. My butt is very happy now and my back is liking it also. Very easy to do and were only 35 bucks at local U-pick yard. Weird thing was they were out of a car that wasn't wrecked and look like new . Hope it wasn't an employee car parked in the junk car line. :laugh:

#304 ·
I harvested some charcoal/black leather heated seats from an Alfa Romeo 4-door sedan, I think it's a 2001 156. Not much help to most Americans, but good for those of us overseas, or for the occasional European/Brit that has access to them. My Jeep is now extremely unique. :D

Not a perfect fit. Use the Alfa's sliders, and you'll have to drill 4 holes in the YJ seat frame (I did 5). One other thing, be prepared to drill out/dremel/grind off some stuff from the Alfa's sliders. The seat will ultimately be about 2 inches higher, but OMG these seats are comfy. I'm doing the driver's seat right now. :cheers2:

#307 ·
Leather seats from an '01 Grand Prix GTS are not direct fit. Bolt pattern from front to rear are the same, but console to door measurment is about 2" off. Minor fabrication work and some....adjustments....of a bracket on the seat with a hammer and all is good to go.

#309 ·
My seats on a 88 YJ, Before, and after!!!!:D

Attachments

#323 ·
we've got seats from a 98 I think in ours just put in this weekend. I had to redrill the mounting holes to make them mount up to the Jeep sliders. they are sitting to high in the front right now, but i'm looking into ways to drop them down some. seen where one poster had redrill the front supports on the passenger side back some for about 1 inch drop (sorry i can't remember who did this) and i'm still trying to see about the drivers side. they look and feel great, but at 6'2" are just to tall for me. my wife at 5'4" fits her perfect.

#318 ·

Attachments

#324 ·
I hate to bump this, but had a quick question for those of you that have done any of these swaps. Do any of you run a center console with the new seats? I ask because I currently have the Smittybilt stereo console, and the stock seats are very tight against it. I'd like to know if I can squeeze any seats in before I go to the JY. Thanks.

Edit: I also meant to ask if anyone had successfully installed some Ford Probe seats.

#331 ·
I put a set of Sparco Torino 2 seats in. Modified the passenger bracket by removing 10 degrees from the front, had to fab up the brackets for the drivers side. A lot of seats come with an incline on the bottom cushion, mine with 10 degrees, so I made my brackets basically parallel at 0 degrees to make the seats very similar to the factory angle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.