Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Replacement seats, Post up what year/model you used.

Since the master list I once created has now gone to the crapper, I figured i would restart the same thread only from scratch.

PLEASE, post only your own pics/specs or thread links to the seats you swapped in. i would rather this not be a discussion thread. if you want to read old ones, here is the former thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/r...l#post14693344

Thanx everyone. Hopefully I can get this reorganized again. Was a good list before.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Stingray427

The Cavalier seats work great as many have said before. There are several things to keep in mind:

1. There are two versions of the seat risers that Jeep used. The early ones (pre-'91? I think) are not direct bolt-ups, but the later seat riser version is a direct, exact fit. Mine is a 1993 so I can say for certain that the later factory seat riser bolt holes line up exactly with the later model Cavalier seats without any problem whatsoever. Getting those bolts out of the factory seats are another problem altogether though as explained below.

2. The torx bolts on the factory seats are both junk and also usually rusted solid. I have a rust free SoCal Jeep that was never off-roaded or otherwise used in wet conditions and still I needed to use an impact hammer to take off some of the bolts, so be ready with the PB blaster.

3. When you remove the GM seats (many models from the Cavailier to the Sunfire, Bravada, etc. will fit as I am sure someone else will reproduce a comprehensive list), make sure that you take the bolts that mount the new seats to the GM seat brackets, as you will be reusing these if your smart.

4. Get the two-door model seats, since they have the flip forward feature that makes them ideal for Jeep use, especially if you have the flip-up seat risers.

5. Many people complain about the headrest mounted seat belt holder since it will limit reclining the seat since it will impact the roll bar behind the front seats. Me personally, I will trade a little recline (that I seldom use) for the convenience of having the seat belt retained in the clip and not getting stuck in the door when I close them. But if you like to recline further, you can remove them pretty easily by taking off the headrests and slipping the brackets off.

6. One final cool tip, is that while your there at the junkyard you may as well pull the rear seat (top and bottom) and have an upholstery shop recover your factory rear seat so it matches the front.

All I can say in the end is do it! This is by far the best bang for the buck mod (except for maybe the 20 gallon fuel tank mod) that you can do for your Jeep. Totally makes it feel like a modern vehicle and is far more comfortable and looks great. Plus the seats work great with most aftermarket center consoles, so no real concern there.

One more thing, if your factory seats are in decent condition, try not to destroy them when you remove the brackets. I was able to sell mine on ebay for $150 and I only paid $120 for both front and rear seats (for reupholstering my factory flip-and-fold bench at some point) so other than a little time, this mod pays for itself including gas to the yard to go get 'em...so go get 'em!

Good luck!

Stingray427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
jmmorgan82

Seats from a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire 2-door. They bolted right in using my stock sliders. '93 YJ.

Seats

Comparison shot:

Installed:

One thing to note: I've read threads where people said the Cavalier/Sunfire seats were too wide to fit with a radio console. As you can see in that last picture, they fit just fine with my Smittybilt 8" stereo console.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

We installed 98 camaro seats in my wife's 93 yj. We have the fold and tumble risers on both sides. I had to make some tabs to match up with the holes. Needed an extra 1.5" to match the holes on the sliders. I also drilled 2 new holes in each riser as the camaro seats were ~3/4" narrower and the added holes took care of it.

I'll edit an add pics later.

Update
Here is the only part I had to mod to fit these seats to the sliders

and 2 new holes in each of the risers

These lay back a little more than I would like, but they sit nice and low. They don't feel any higher than the stock seats which is important if you are tall.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

keep em coming people

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.