Replaced clutch, slave, master, bearing, etc... drove nice only for about an hour? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replaced clutch, slave, master, bearing, etc... drove nice only for about an hour?

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
tommbstone
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ok bro here is the fat truth.
DON'T buy master or slave from kragen O'rileys what ever. Please I've done this too and its nothing but hell

Get a napa on both master and slave.

Your O'riley clutch and throw out bearing are fine... but don't buy these types of parts there. china junk
You will thank me later.

tommbstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can switch it over to an external slave cylinder, like the later (94??) model. Then at least you don't have to take the transmission out to change it.
dancytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
91YJOWNER
1991 YJ Wrangler 

It was the master, which made the fix easy. Part was warranted, but if it happens again I will buy Napa parts. Next issue with slave will get converted as mentioned. Thanks for the input.
91YJOWNER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch problem

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.