Replaced 92 Hydraulic Clutch line! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Replaced 92 Hydraulic Clutch line!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
LightYear
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced 92 Hydraulic Clutch line!

My Hydraulic clutch line broke on 92 YJ 5 speed manual (obviously) .
It broke at the connection where the plastic line meets the quick disconnect adapter.

I could not find a replacement anywhere; Dealer ship, online, salvage, nothing.
So I disconnected the line from the Master cylinder, and removed the quick disconnect adapter from the metal line coming off the slave.

I took it to our local 'Hose Manufacturing' business (Hydraulic hoses and fire hoses too), and he made me a new one!

He charged me $42.50 It is a rubber brake hose with two new ends!

I showed him pipe adapter that connected with the 'Quick Disconnect" and he said, I got that part. And he had the L shape insert that goes into the slave.

He measured the old line (I think it was like 44" and was hard plastic, and molded). The new rubber hose works great.

I did find one on Ebay and the guy wanted $40 + $10 for shipping, and it was used.

So if it happens to you, go to the brake line repair guy!

Randy

LightYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Personally I would of bought a new system. Slave, MS, and line. Who know what will go next. If it is original you are ready for the rest to go.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
LightYear
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nope, All has been replaced!
LightYear is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.