Repairing Ecu? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Repairing Ecu?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Saber
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Repairing Ecu?

For about two weeks I have been battling stalling issues. It all started when I went mud wheeling and it progressivley got worse after that. It would randomly stall while driving down the road or coasting up to a stop sign. I cleaned battery connections, checked the plugs, wires, injectors and changed the crank sensor. After all that it was running fine until I started it to go home from work, The motor was misfiring and found out that #5 injector had no power to it. After some more diagnosing I had no power to any injector at all. I borrowed my sons Ecu from his 94 xj and it fired right up. My question is... Does this sound like a Bad capacitor issue? if not can the ECU be repaired?
Any help will be appreciated.

Unread 09-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber View Post
For about two weeks I have been battling stalling issues. It all started when I went mud wheeling and it progressivley got worse after that. It would randomly stall while driving down the road or coasting up to a stop sign. I cleaned battery connections, checked the plugs, wires, injectors and changed the crank sensor. After all that it was running fine until I started it to go home from work, The motor was misfiring and found out that #5 injector had no power to it. After some more diagnosing I had no power to any injector at all. I borrowed my sons Ecu from his 94 xj and it fired right up. My question is... Does this sound like a Bad capacitor issue? if not can the ECU be repaired?
Any help will be appreciated.
This JF link might be helpful;

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/c...rs-ecu-492597/

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.