Removing a body or suspension lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Removing a body or suspension lift?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 02-17-2002, 06:49 PM   #1
Edge

Removing a body or suspension lift?

I'm looking at buying a Jeep. It's a 91, and has a 4" suspension lift and a 4" body lift, and is running 33's. I can probably get it for about $4,500. Everything sounds like its in good shape. (I haven't seen it yet .. it's a few hours away from here..)

I'm not planning on doing any heavy off-roading; it'll mainly be used for transporting gear when camping or going to the beach.

I'll probably be putting a kayak on top, so I'm thinking the 8" lift is going to be a little excessive .. would it be relatively easy to *un-lift* this Jeep? (maybe after the 33's wear out, and I can go back down to maybe 31's?)

here's a pic of the Jeep.. (thanks in advance for the advice..)

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2002, 07:26 PM   #2
rodgersmc

Nice looking jeep... don't you go messing it up by dropping it!

Seriously though, the body lift should be really easy to take off and won't hurt you any... in fact, you'd be better of. That much body lift isn't to great. I'm in the process of changing my 3" body lift into a 4" suspension lift myself.

Point being, leave the suspension lift alone, drop 3" out of your body lift... I'd leave 1" to make sure you have plenty of coverage.
32" tires on 15X10's
winch
soon to be JKB2 mod
rodgersmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2002, 07:53 PM   #3
Edge

cool, thanks for the info.

I did forget to mention in the post, that I was talking about just removing the body lift, and not the suspension. I think about 4" of suspension lift is where I want to be.

The guy selling it described it to me and said "when you park it somewhere .. it'll definately stand out!" ..

I just ran a CarFax and everything looks fine. I'm going to go check it out this weekend. Hopefully all will go well.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.