removed bl have ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > removed bl have ?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
om3ga83
1992 YJ Wrangler 

removed bl have ?

Just what it says i removed my 3" bl looks 100 times better but i have binding in my steering do i need to adjust the column i adjusted the shift lever. the whole column is very tight even at the shifter. Anyone have any ideas.

87 Wrangler auto 6cyl 3.5 lift

om3ga83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #2
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your shift linkage had to be extended when the BL was installed. You will have to remove that extension. I don't know where it is, only that the auto has to have an extension with the BL.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
om3ga83
1992 YJ Wrangler 

like i said i adjusted it above that but its the whole column not just the shifter
Unread 10-21-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Slapahoe
Registered Jerk

1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you open your hood and look at your outer steering column and then your steering shaft you will see a bracket that comes out and it is attached to a long skinny pole. That is the linkage that goes down and under the rig. That long linkage might have a welded bar of the same size on it which you will need to cut and reweld to stock length.

Something else that I had to do when installing my BL is add a special bracket to the bottom of that pole to conect too. just take it off, and connect the pole to what that special braket was connected too. though you adjusted it, if it isnt just right the whole column will be tempermental.

Your next best bet is to remove the stock steering shaft and greese it up like a pig so it can freely move again. that should be the end to your problem.
Unread 10-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
om3ga83
1992 YJ Wrangler 

thanx i will try greese

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.