regear or new axles? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > regear or new axles?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-04-2002, 12:26 AM   #1
93 Blue Demon YJ

regear or new axles?

Well I know what its like to have a 2.5 4cyl now. I have a 4.0, but recently put 32's on. I have 3.55 gears, and the power is still acceptable, but I really miss the power I used to have. I didnt realize that the labor of getting regeared was so high. Its kinda silly if you think about it, getting regeard costs as much as my lift and new wheels combined. I wish I knew something about axles so I could do it myself. Anyway, I was thinking maybe it would be best to find some used 4 cyl yj axles (which all have 4.10's) and install them, and could possibly make a few bucks back on my old ones. What do yall think? THX

Unread 06-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #2
Skeeter

You right! but when you regear it is a good time to add that locker you always wanted. Just a thought!
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 02:01 PM   #3
slacker

I think you should start keeping an eye out for some used axles.

If you're not in a rush and depending on your longer-range goals, I think there are some pretty decent deals out there...folks higher up on the food chain are always upgrading and yards get new stuff.

I recently picked up a complete 8.8 from a 2000 Explorer with 4.10 gears for $550 at one junkyard and found an d30 from a '95 4 cyl. with 4.10 gears and the bigger ujoints for $450 at another yard. That shop also threw in the drag link and tierod so now I have spares.

I've been told I should be able to get anywhere from $250-400 for my d35 which should offset most if not all of my labor charges.

Good luck.
Unread 06-04-2002, 04:59 PM   #4
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

<a href="http://www.drivetraindirect.com" target="_blank">www.drivetraindirect.com</a>

On the left should be a link that says "Packages"
It has a Gear Set Of 4.11/4.10 For only 429.99

Thats what im going to get. It comes will all the stuff nessecary for a regear.

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.