Redesigning Center Dash Panel... any Tips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Redesigning Center Dash Panel... any Tips?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
CouchYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Redesigning Center Dash Panel... any Tips?

I just bought a stock YJ about a month ago and I've been slowly finding time to modify interior things. In the spring when I can use another vehicle as my DD I'll take the time to do exterior / mechanical mods. Right now the dashboard design is really getting on my nerves.

I took the plastic cover off the center dashboard just to see how much space there is to change things around. I know that I'll have to take the rest of the dashboard apart to do this but I was hoping to do was flip the HVAC panel and stereo locations, move the gauges around and find room to install a CB.

If it doesn't turn out practical to mount the CB in the dash I plan to simply fab an overhead CB rack with a shelf track and some U-Bolts. If anyone has any tips or photos from changing their dashboard please share them!

Unread 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmm. I never designed a dash before but I'm uber intrested and I really want to see what turns out. Take a buncha pics and do a write up or build thread to keep us updated.
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

well if you can weld check out what I did.. click below.
Dre40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cb , dash , radio , stereo , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.