Redesigning Center Dash Panel... any Tips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Redesigning Center Dash Panel... any Tips?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
CouchYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Redesigning Center Dash Panel... any Tips?

I just bought a stock YJ about a month ago and I've been slowly finding time to modify interior things. In the spring when I can use another vehicle as my DD I'll take the time to do exterior / mechanical mods. Right now the dashboard design is really getting on my nerves.

I took the plastic cover off the center dashboard just to see how much space there is to change things around. I know that I'll have to take the rest of the dashboard apart to do this but I was hoping to do was flip the HVAC panel and stereo locations, move the gauges around and find room to install a CB.

If it doesn't turn out practical to mount the CB in the dash I plan to simply fab an overhead CB rack with a shelf track and some U-Bolts. If anyone has any tips or photos from changing their dashboard please share them!

Unread 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmm. I never designed a dash before but I'm uber intrested and I really want to see what turns out. Take a buncha pics and do a write up or build thread to keep us updated.
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Dre40

1992 YJ Wrangler 

well if you can weld check out what I did.. click below.
Dre40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cb , dash , radio , stereo , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.