Recovery point/Step idea. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Recovery point/Step idea.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 05-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Recovery point/Step idea.

I found these tow brackets off the front of a 03-08 Dodge 2500/3500 4x4. I am not sure if the 2500/3500 4x2 trucks have them since I do not have any of those at the yard. I am planning on bolting them to the rear cross bar on my jeep. The bolt holes in the tow bracket are wide enough to clear the width of the frame rail. I will have to drill 4 holes in the cross bar to mount them. They will serve as a recovery point and also as a step to get into the back of the jeep. Let me know what ya'll think.

photo-1-6-.jpg

photo-2-8-.jpg

photo-3-7-.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1502848/

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
rykemc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That is a cool idea.
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
coolin4u
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice,is that something that was stock on that model dodge or was it added aftermarket?
coolin4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolin4u View Post
Nice,is that something that was stock on that model dodge or was it added aftermarket?
Stock. I have seen them on the 4x4 2500 and 3500. Have never seen them on the 1500 at all.

One other thing they could be used for is bolt them or weld them on a stinger and then just slide the stinger into your receiver for a step/recovery point if you don't want to add them to the bumper.

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Cool.
I wouldn't want to have a plastic bumper and tap you in a parking lot It will poke perfect slots, maybe to access their frame for recovery.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post
Cool.
I wouldn't want to have a plastic bumper and tap you in a parking lot It will poke perfect slots, maybe to access their frame for recovery.
Just doing my best to help those type of people out.

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.