Recommendation about lockers? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Recommendation about lockers?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #31
danieljeep88

In conclusion, selectable ones are the deal but itīs expensive, ARB are air lockers so there to many components to worry about, if I were going for a selectable one no doubt I would by OX.

But this thread is based on a budget.... so I was looking and I have some good options.

1- If I go for a 200 $ or so auto locker I can also buy my snorkel. But the issue here is that I want 100% locker in my rear D44, the locker has to be a strong one of course..

2- Looking to prices I realized with 450% I can buy lock-rigth, Aussie and that what I would pay for one Detroit Soft locker....

3- Given this options which locker is the best and why you say it? Aussie locker, Lock-right, Powertrax ( any of this three brands will give me the snorkel plus) or just one rear Detroit..

I am very thankful with all of your comments, I am looking forward to make this thread a huge compilation of opinions, experience with examples etc.. Skipping all the mechanical issues about lockers, just which locker and why. Since this is a budget thread I think itīs more complicated to make the right decision. I am pleased , one again, b/c here I found the answers to my doubts and I didnīt found them in any other threads and locker threads are like 1000000000000.

danieljeep88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #32
danieljeep88

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJMonster View Post
+1 for ausie lockers, my brother runs them front and rear in his yota. He drives 2 work everyday on the street and freeway with no problems. he is also able to do pretty much anything at the hammers here in socal.
Iīve heard this argument a lot of times and read it a couple of more, but I donīt know why itīs donīt the same for jeeps , maybe axles or just the car it self.. I read a few days ago some guy talking about aussie locker in his yota and very pleased but a guy said he has broken a few of them in his jeep...
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #33
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljeep88 View Post
But this thread is based on a budget.... so I was looking and I have some good options.
HI,
Well, you have never defined your budget. In fact you never mentioned anything about a budget. So, go cheap and get cheap. It's easy. Spend more and get more. It's easy.

Ox is good. There are other good selectable lockers. But I'll stick with my suggestion. ARB. It's track record is simply outstanding. But you won't buy any of these. Too bad.

Sparky
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #34
joshbaker92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I love my aussie in the d30 and love my powertax no slip in the 8.8. I hardly ever know its even back their. I havent ever herd it pop unless im in 4wd but it does shift the jeep a little if i push the clutch in. You just have to get used to it. Also a rear locker is fun because when people rid in the jeep and i get on the skinny peddle and then let off the jeep shimmys and they get freaked out by it. Thats when you can say something like oh dont worry i think something is loose but it wont fall off.
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #35
danieljeep88

Hi Karma, I donīt think anyone can get a cheap response out of an auto locker since they just offer a different thing... A good driver can do with an auto locker what any silly guy can do with an EXPENSIVE locker and go even farther..

Last edited by danieljeep88; 04-22-2010 at 09:39 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.