Recomendations/Opinions on New Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Recomendations/Opinions on New Springs

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
Deepair3

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Recomendations/Opinions on New Springs

I have an 88 YJ with an AMC 360. Lift is SOA with stock Shackles. I have no idea what springs are on her now. 7 leafs in the front and 6 in the back. There is almost no flex in these springs. Less than 2 ins of drop when we lifted the frame. I measure out at 28" at the rockers with 35" tires. Tires measure 33". I want to put new Springs and Perches all the way around. I have been told the ones on there are fairly thin. Ideally I would like the lift to come down a couple of inches. The recommended springs are the Rubicon 1.5" lift SOA springs which will give me 7" of lift. If I did my math right I have 8" now. SO my question is what is the difference in 5 pack vs 6 pack on the RE springs and are these the best bang for the buck???? Or should I go with 4in lift springs and put it back SUA.... Will the High Steer be a problem?

Deepair3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I installed those leafs on my SOA YJ ~13 years ago with no complaints. I ended up taking the bottom leaf out of the rear six pack to lower it some and to slightly soften the ride. I needed to redial the rear pinion angle when I removed the leaf.

Are the tracbars and swaybar still installed?
Joe Dillard is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
Deepair3

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Swaybar is back on with disconnects. Trackbar is gone, and it has a High Steer kit on it.
Deepair3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.