Received my Recall letter today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Received my Recall letter today

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 10-21-2002, 03:08 PM   #1
KobeStopper

Received my Recall letter today

I guess that parking brake recall thing is actually true.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just received the letter from Daimler Chrysler stating the park brake pedal assembly may self release...DaimlerChrysler will repair your vehicle free of charge...will take less than an hour to complete.
However it does state the problem only exists on some 1990 through 1995 model year Jeep.
Considering my Jeep has never had a problem with the brake self releasing, do you think I should even take it to Jeep for a check up anyways? It is for safety measures.

Unread 10-21-2002, 06:42 PM   #2
Lyle36

its free so why not
rear bumper off TJ
Pacesetter TFX Exhaust System
Daystar 1" Body Lift
cowl inducted fiberglass hood
Summit Racing Seats........just geting started
Lyle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 06:56 PM   #3
93jeepyj2.5

I got mine in the mail today too....Im gonna call Leon Rosser tommorrow and see when they can fix it.

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 07:29 PM   #4
jmeyer722

I already took mine in for the recall. It worked fine but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't gonna quit working. They found that there was also a bracket broken and it too was covered on the warranty. It was welded to the lip right on the inside of the body. The new bracket is bolted to the lip. So I definitely would take your in.
1995 Jeep Wrangle Rio Grande, 4" Superlift, 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud Terrain on American Racing AR-136 Wheels, Pioneer CD Player, 12 Disc Pioneer Cd Changer, 2 8" Rockford Fosgate Subs mounted under back seat, Punch 100 amp under drivers seat, Factory hard top w/full doors, Factory soft top w/half doors, Bikini top, Duster cover, K&N filter,...More to come
jmeyer722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 09:54 PM   #5
thecarman

Quote:
Originally posted by jmeyer722
I already took mine in for the recall. It worked fine but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't gonna quit working. They found that there was also a bracket broken and it too was covered on the warranty. It was welded to the lip right on the inside of the body. The new bracket is bolted to the lip. So I definitely would take your in.
I was going to call my local dealer, but what do I say to them? I got my recall last friday.
Unread 10-22-2002, 06:40 AM   #6
GREGDOG95YJ

free poster with recall letter?

I got my recall notice yesterday and it had the jeep "outhouse" poster with it. Did any of you receive a poster with your letter.

this is what it looks like.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 08:33 AM   #7
Lyle36

i got my recall about a week and a half ago and nothing else, but yesterday i got that poster in the mail, i thought it was from a Evo 4x4 2 servey i did, because they said they would send a poster but i dunno?
rear bumper off TJ
Pacesetter TFX Exhaust System
Daystar 1" Body Lift
cowl inducted fiberglass hood
Summit Racing Seats........just geting started
Lyle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 10:21 AM   #8
jmeyer722

Quote:
Originally posted by thecarman

I was going to call my local dealer, but what do I say to them? I got my recall last friday.
just tell them you need to bring your jeep in for the recall. maybe mention something to them that you've heard that there is also a bracket that needs replaced. my buddy's '92 yj had the same thing done to it as mine.
1995 Jeep Wrangle Rio Grande, 4" Superlift, 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud Terrain on American Racing AR-136 Wheels, Pioneer CD Player, 12 Disc Pioneer Cd Changer, 2 8" Rockford Fosgate Subs mounted under back seat, Punch 100 amp under drivers seat, Factory hard top w/full doors, Factory soft top w/half doors, Bikini top, Duster cover, K&N filter,...More to come
jmeyer722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 10:29 AM   #9
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

no recals here sofar,but i mailed to daimler/grysler belgium asking about it . i tought they might not do it in europe but i got a mail back that stated the letters where going out this week.....

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 10:41 AM   #10
jthumper35

Is the recall just for 90-95 model YJ's? I have an 89 YJ and I also have this parking brake problem. Should I call Dialmer/Chrysler and check into it?

Any advice is helpful
Unread 10-22-2002, 01:59 PM   #11
GREGDOG95YJ

jthumper35

call them and ask they might issue a recall letter to you if you bring it to there attention that earlier models have the same problem

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 03:45 PM   #12
rdnkjeeper

Re: free poster with recall letter?

Quote:
Originally posted by GREGDOG95YJ
I got my recall notice yesterday and it had the jeep "outhouse" poster with it. Did any of you receive a poster with your letter.

this is what it looks like.

I want a poster!!!!
Unread 10-23-2002, 10:34 AM   #13
jthumper35

Thanks Greg for the advice and I think I will give the Jeep dealer a call and let them know my situation. Maybe they will reconsider earlier models.

Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.