Rebuild 4.2 or install chevy 350 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-27-2008, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
madjeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Rebuild 4.2 or install chevy 350

Just wanted everyones opinion. I just pulled my 4.2 6 cyl out of my 1988 YJ. It is another year motor because it is a feul injected motor. I need to put a new crank and bearings in it. While I have it out rear main seal, timing chain and headgasket, and hone the cylinders.
Just wanted everyones opinion should I do all this or install a chevy 350. Just wanted pros and cons and everyones opinion. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-27-2008, 05:36 PM
jakemary
1977 CJ7 

I vote for the 4.2L
post #3 of 3 Old 12-27-2008, 05:49 PM
smoke_20
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You're going to get opinions on both sides of this, in the end it's totally up to you. There are a few threads where this topic has been debated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4nTr0ll View Post
Honestly, I don't know who in the world put glue in a Lucas bottle, but it sure suckered me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4nTr0ll View Post
I have 4 x 4 on my YJ, but I'm not sure what it is suppose to do or if it is even necessary.
I'm mainly a street driver.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.:thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.