rear wiper wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rear wiper wiring

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Matt24138
1993 YJ Wrangler 

rear wiper wiring

Is there a way to wire up the wiper in my hard top without buying a kit or the harness off of ebay for 100.00. I just bought a 93 someone added a hard top too. with no wiring any help is greatlp appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt24138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt24138 View Post
Is there a way to wire up the wiper in my hard top without buying a kit or the harness off of ebay for 100.00. I just bought a 93 someone added a hard top too. with no wiring any help is greatlp appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
Do you have a plug at the left rear corner of the tub? It has two rows of 5 pin slots and is rounded one two corners and are square on the other two corners. From the top left round corner (that is pin #1). Pin #4 &#5 each have a wire in it. That is for the wiper cirrcuit. A wire in pin #7 would be for the washer circuit.

That is not from a 91 YJ wiring diagram but they probsblky did not change much from year to year. See if there is a small hose there also. That would be your window washer hose. If it is all there the wiring is also in the dash harness.

All you need to do is buy a wiper/washer switch and install it in the dashboard where it belongs in the space under the speedometer. The wiring and plug for the wiper/washer (and the fog lights and possibly the rear defroster) should already be in the dash harness. You just remove the little 'cutout' from the blank panel that can hold the fog light switch, rear defroster switch and the wiper/washer switch. You remove the little panel and cut it out from the back. Pop in the correct switch which was used in the YJ's of the time and the XJ's also, and wella! you have wipers.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
SkullTripper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm fixing to cut my wires and just match the colours together I'll tell you how it goes (I'm not recommending you do this) also fill out your profile please sir and welcome to the forum

[COLOR="Lime"][B]My 1987 Jeep Wrangler Build..[/B][/COLOR]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z-o-r-v-87yj-build-slow-978747/[/url]
SkullTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a picture of what a '95YJ HT plug looks like. Yours could be similar:

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.