Rear Window Defogger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear Window Defogger

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
Mark100
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Rear Window Defogger

I recently got a 95 Wrangler. The rear defogger doesn't work, but the fuse is fine. Does anyone know what is in the circuit? I know there is obviously the switch and light bulb for the switch, and I know where it connects to the fuse panel. Am I missing anything?

Mark100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Sahara95

I had a similar problem with my hard top. It turned out that the electrical connections that run thru and connect on the ends of the door/window shocks were not making a good connection. After I cleaned the spade style connections(all 4) the heating elements worked fine. It may not be your problem but it may be worth looking at.
Sahara95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I believe there is also a timer/relay near the fuse panel for it. I think it's red? Does the light on the switch come on? Do you get 12v to the wires coming out of the hardtop? Is the hardtop plugged in? Is there power at the plug that plugs into the hardtop? Does the hardtop rear light work?
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Mark100
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks folks- Yes the rear light works, so I'm guessing the hard top is plugged in (the windshield wiper also works). The light goes on on the defogger switch, and I believe the relay works because the light on the switch turns off after 10 minutes. So I'm assuming I need to look at the connections or the wires going from the fuse box.
Mark100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Piet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Put a test light (or voltmeter) in the connection...
- Peter ----------- Canadian Jeep Club Member #1969
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon "Ubercon" - 3.8L V6, 6 Spd Manual, RockTrac with Dana 44's on 32's. Mostly stock for now...
SOLD - 1988 Jeep Wrangler "Golden Eagle" - 350 TBI, NV4500, Dana 300, Detroit Locked Dana 44, Spooled 9", SOA, 37" MTR's
SOLD - 1994 Jeep Wrangler "Oliver" - 4 Cylinder Stocker on 31" Kuhmo MTs
Piet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.