Rear track bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear track bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 05-07-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
JR

Rear track bar

I had this welded up once before and low and behold it tore the weld off last time I was out. My ? is do I even need it on or can I just take it off? Thanks

Unread 05-07-2001, 12:10 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You definately don't need it, nor will you notice it gone after you toss it in the trash. Tearing the mount in the rear is very common.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2001, 12:29 PM   #3
rayray

Matt,
I'm considering running a rear telescoping track bar on mine (SOA) to cut down on axle wrap. What's your take on that? BTW, I'm not looking for super flex or to be a ramp champ by any means. I did the SOA simply to improve what little flex I had.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:51 PM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Have you already spent the money? I don't want to upset you and tell you it's a waste of money if you've already spent the dough. Nor would I want to upset you further by saying that it will do absolutely nothing to stop axle wrap. Let me know so I can tell you what I think!
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:57 PM   #5
rayray

Nope, haven't spend the loot yet. Whatcha got on yer mind

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.