Rear seat mod into two buckets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear seat mod into two buckets

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Rear seat mod into two buckets

My thought is to take the stock frame for the rear from a yj, add some mounting points for say a pair of dodge neon bucket seats without rails so they are not adjustable. This would allow use of the factory mounting points and easy removal. Has anyone done something like this? And if so, any write ups or random information?

tater_kamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Here:
My homemade rear fold & tumble bucket seats - Jeep Wrangler Forum
That's the only thread I've found of successfully doing this, however I'm sure there are others.
Unread 06-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Interesting, I like it! It looks a lot like what I have been thinking about doing actually except that I want to use the base of the factory rear seat so that it comes out just like it was factory equipped. I just need to find a seat that is in bad need of upholstery so that it will be cheap and so I wont feel bad hacking it up. Thanks a ton for finding that! It gives me some ideas...
tater_kamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
sloan74
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's a pretty slick mod...
sloan74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.