Rear light wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear light wiring

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-31-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
jmsjeep

Rear light wiring

Please help!!
I have been trying to run wires for a trailer by splicing into my rear lights. I cannot get everything to work. Running lights, brakes, blinkers. Does anyone know what each of the wires are by color, etc.?

'89 YJ 4 banger all stock, replacing all the worn out guts first, 97 grand cherokee limited
jmsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2001, 09:55 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've done this at least 3 times now on YJs, but I'll be damned if I remember what the color codes are. I always tag into the wires on the drivers side of the tub, near the rear most rollbar upright. Right on top of the fender there are all the wires you're looking for. I just use a DC probe with a good point and tie in there.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2001, 07:51 AM   #3
jeeptuff

Get a test light, that's the easiest way.... I can look up the codes for you if you like!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.