rear frame repair - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rear frame repair

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 04-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
ssmks

rear frame repair

My new rear frame sections from Daveys Geep came today,They look great like eveyone said they do, BUT what do I do with the shakles now that the rear frame is 1/4" wider that before? Ive searched the site and I cant find any mention of what to do with shackles now that frame is wider? Thanks for the help.

ssmks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
ritjobbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First, I had no idea where Bliss was until today. I was trying to figure out why I was getting WLKK east of exit 42 on the Thruway.

I'm not sure what you are _supposed_ to do, but I would think you have two options:

1) build/find shackles that step down from wide to narrow

2) use stock shackles with washers at the spring side

With #1 you might need to find/buy/make 1/2" ID sleeves that are 1/4" longer for the frame side of the shackle.
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking at the same frame repair on my 94...passenger side is the only one with that rust hole right thru the frame where the shackles for the leaf springs bolt thru. what do those frame sections cost, where can I find them, and should I do both sides if I have to do one for sure?

Noobs gotta start somewhere, might as well be there...
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

NVM...just found the threads on that. Still getting used to JF, was on HCF (honda civic forum) for years. Couldn't pass up this heep!
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.