rear end problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rear end problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 06-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

8.8 rear end problems

I have a sqeaking noise that is driving me crazy. It may be the brakes, when I tap them it seems to stop but that's not the question. I have an 8.8 with an E-Locker, I raised the rear up to see if I could locate the sqeaking. I can spin the driver side wheel but the passenger side wheel won't move, it's locked like it is in gear but I have it in neutral. The locker is not "on", is this normal?

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/

Last edited by ionakana; 06-23-2009 at 03:39 PM..
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Louie4
Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you have an electric locker that's not engaged, I would imagine you should be able to spin the other tire so it can differentiate. Have a buddy walk alongside your jeep while you drive it and maybe he/she can pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.