Rear disc brakes for a 87-90 D35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear disc brakes for a 87-90 D35

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
JohnRodriguez
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Rear disc brakes for a 87-90 D35

Ok guys, heres a interesting piece of info for all you who arn't big fans of the kit that stainless steel braks co. offers for the the 87-90 wranglers. the wilwood disc brace kit #140-7143, which is for the ford 9" small bearing housing, will bolt up directly to the D35 axle with no modifications. the only thing you will have to do is make sure that the rims that you have will clear the rotors. Tha backing plate is the same bolt patten and the wilwood kit has 2.66" of offset and the D35 has 2.64 measured on my axle housings. The willwood kit comes with a retaining plate shaped like a "C" and it is the only piece that is not used, you will use the original ones on the axles.

I had currie build me a ford 8" housing for my 89 wrangler and if all the measuring that I did on my 35 were not correct, then it would have not been a loss since I could have put the 8" right in.

89 Wrangler, 2.5L TBI, D30 Truetrac 4.56 gear front, Super 35 4.56 gears rear, 31" BFG Mud's, 15x9" weld racing pro-stars XP's, 2.5" rancho and 1.25" shackels, superior axles. rear wilwood disc brakes

2008 wrangler x unlimited. Stone white. Motech 5.3L LS Chevy
JohnRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
dukegnarley
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i hope you mean 8.8" as the 8" can't really take that much power.
AW4 swap with awshifter = DONE
custom console
flatdash
dukegnarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.