Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

rear bumpers

893 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  oct7brian 
#1 ·
what kind of bumper would yall sugest im tired of the stock bumperets or whatever there called

-------------------------
94 yj
3.5 lift 1/2 shackles
33 Kumho American Racing
Rhino lined tube
Bushwacker fenderflairs
2.5 liters of waping power
etc...

#2 ·
It all depends on what you want to spend and if you want a tire carrier or not. I gave up on finding one I liked with a tire carrier under $500, so i'm building my own in a couple weeks.

#3 ·
I've been shopping too...basically there's the tube style or the rock crawler style...the tube ones with the integrated hitches are weak from what I hear...better to get the real frame mount hitch and the tube bumper without the hitch. But then you can't go with the tire swing, unless you get a body mount one...
Ideally, go with the rock crawler style bumper with integrated hitch and the tire swing too, but then you're talking about at least 500 bucks unless you make it yourself.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I never could find one heavy enough for what I wanted to spend so I took the time and built my own here a link to the post. If you have a welder or know someone that does think about doing your own if you have the time.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123270

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.