rear 35 to front 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rear 35 to front 35

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-04-2002, 07:34 PM   #1
Jeepguy3401

rear 35 to front 35

I'm thinking about putting a Dana 44 in the rear after i get the new engine in, could I reuse the D35 for the front if I got a different axle housing or no? It might not even save me any money, I don't know, that's why i posted this question. Thanks in advance.

'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
RodeoRob

There is no such thing as a stock Dana 35 front axle. Sure, you could make one, but I see *no* benefits in doing this... and if you're looking to save money, I can tell you this is not the way! It would be relatively expensive (even if you had the tools/knowledge to do yourself) to make a D35 into a front axle.
I should also add many consider the stock D30 to be stronger and more reliable than the D35... way replace it with something weaker. If you wanna replace the front, look to a D44... matching front/rear D44s isn't a bad combo.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:48 PM   #3
Jeepguy3401

Oh, well just wondered if it could be done.I guess I know. Thanks.
'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 09:59 PM   #4
RodeoRob

Yup, could be done. You would have to shorten the drivers side and lengthen the passenger side tubes to get the diff in the correct place. You'd end up robbing knuckles (not to mention all the outers) from some other front axle (D30 or maybe D44). And of course, custom shafts. So when you're done, you'd be left with the center section of the D35 and the rest would be a D30/44.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.