really needing some help on these dash lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > really needing some help on these dash lights

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
poootytwotime
1995 YJ Wrangler 

really needing some help on these dash lights

I cant seem to figure this one and really need some help. Ive read other threads but haven't come across the same problem. Half way on my drive to and from work about 15 minutes in my check engine light comes on. I can turn the jeep off and then on really quick while driving and it cuts off or wait tell i get to work no change in the way the jeep runs or sounds. The light only comes on tho after driving for awhile so i cant get any codes out of it. Any pointing in the right direction would help. The next is my brake light its always on and my brakes work fine i inspected them and looks good. It wont shut off again any help and thoughts from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

poootytwotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Any codes? Might be the o2 sensor.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
poootytwotime
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i mean i cant turn the jeep on off on off on to get the blinking codes that tell me a number because the check engine light isn't on at the beginning. i replaced the o2 sensor less than a year ago. can they go bad that quick?
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

They can. I am sure there are others that will chime in soon. It's the same symptoms I had with mine, o2 fixed it. I am not sure on your other question.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check the brake fluid level then take a look at the E brake light switch on the e brake assembly may need to be adjusted.

As for the CEL I have no idea I don't have one so I haven't had the pleasure of fixing it.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Have you tried checking for codes anyway. Just because the CEL may not be lit at a particular moment, does not mean that there is not a code stored.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
JKNanook
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby View Post
Have you tried checking for codes anyway. Just because the CEL may not be lit at a particular moment, does not mean that there is not a code stored.
This
JKNanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
poootytwotime
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First thing i did nothing came up. Ill keep trying things out. The mechanic at my job tomorrow is going to take a look at it. Maybe this will help
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poootytwotime View Post
First thing i did nothing came up. Ill keep trying things out. The mechanic at my job tomorrow is going to take a look at it. Maybe this will help
O.K., if this was the first thing you did, what were the codes that were stored at that time? Your mechanic?....... That sounds like a Foreign language to me. Like the two should be one in the same but are somehow described as different.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
poootytwotime
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When the check engine light became a problem i tried turning the jeep on off on off on figuring the blinking code would show even tho check engine light wasn't on full time. I work in body and collision and theirs a man who does all suspensions ac and diagnosis. The problem is fixed now tho. Being 22 years young i have a lot to learn. I was out driving the engine light came on the rpm and speed cluster went haywire for a couple minutes. I Parked at a gas station the battery gauge went to nine and the jeep wouldn't start after i stopped for gas. I was blessed because someone offered a jump right after all this happened. My dad 52 years young followed me into Austin where we bought a new alternator that's all the engine light was about trying to let me know something was going out. The breaks were bled and the brake light went off. We replaced some rubber hoses that were dry rotted hooked up a ignition switch panel bonded the 4 low so it works and oil change.shiner is so delicious out the freezer it was a good fathers day of bonding. So for now things are better. I have another issue tho. A lot of chatter clatter coming from the valve train head area. Is it okay to tighten the rockers and or rods while the engines running and how should i go about it. We want to do this if possible next weekend

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.