Really Dumb tire and wheel questions? I mean really dumb... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Really Dumb tire and wheel questions? I mean really dumb...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
keithgamble

Really Dumb tire and wheel questions? I mean really dumb...

Okay...I don't even want to do this but since none of you know me personally...and lawschool robbed me of any humility.....how do I know if I have a radial tire or a nylon tire? I believe the nylon tires look and fell...well like nylong vs. rubber. What is the distinction of a radial tire? Okay...next question...how do I know what type of wheels I have? I can't see a name on the wheel anywhere. mine are black with a red line running around them...no clue. i'm going to be posting them on here for sale b/ I don't like them and want to make sure i'm 100% on what they are and what someone's getting. any help is appreciated to this newbie.

95 Wrangler 4.0 L
keithgamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The coding of the tire size will tell you.
For example if it reads.. P225/75 R15
The "R" before the 15 indicates it's a Radial construction and not bias ply.

If there is no "R" then it's a bias ply tire.

Here is a link for some basic tire info...
http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowle...article-16.htm
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

A picture of the wheel would help, but if they are black with a red stripe, they are likely AR767's or "D" window as some call them.
atomicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.