RE vs. Pro Comp opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RE vs. Pro Comp opinions

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

RE vs. Pro Comp opinions

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to replace my peice mealed, PO installed suspension after the summer and wondered if anybody had experience with the RE and/or Pro Comp 2.5" lift kits? The RE kit looks to be the most complete, and I've ran an RE kit on my ZJ and like the ride, but leaf isn't coil now, is it!

So, do you guys have an opinion on both? I can only find limited brands in the UAE, mostly rugged ridge or rough country and I wouldn't go RC if you paid me and feel that the price I would pay for a RR in the UAE against the quality of RE would be worh it.

Thanks

Unread 05-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

RE definitly ranks above Pro Comp. Even though they are both owned by the same company.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I removed my 2.5" procomp lift and installed a 4.5" RE lift. Night and day difference. Do the RE springs with some good shocks like the bilsteins and you will be good to go.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1502848/

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
rykemc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I know Pro Comp and RE use to be the same springs, just a different name painted on them. The RE extreme springs were different than Pro Comp. That was a few years ago though.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My Jeep had Pro Crap 2.5" springs and shocks on it when I bought it. It road horibly. I replaced them with OME's and its a vastly improved ride.

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

RE.
the monotube shocks in the RE kit are basically bilsteins
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2014, 01:27 AM   #7
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, very helpful. Looks like I'll be saving for an RE lift then.

Any opinions on Rancho? Mine currently has a set of old, worn Rancho shocks which I need to replace, but is there any use in going for a Rancho kit? There is a local dealer I could pick one up from for a decent price, but it would probably be comparable to the RE with shipping before install.

Thanks
Unread 06-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana
I know Pro Comp and RE use to be the same springs, just a different name painted on them. The RE extreme springs were different than Pro Comp. That was a few years ago though.
Re and procomp never used the same spring , the came from the same plant but never the same line.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.