RE 4" vs RE 4.5" Extreme - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RE 4" vs RE 4.5" Extreme

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

RE 4" vs RE 4.5" Extreme

What is the difference between these two (besides 1/2 inch )? The 4" comes with shocks (cheap?) but not shackles for $820, the 4.5 EX comes with shackles but not shocks for $1129. Are the regular RE springs by another company (cheaper)? Are the Extreme springs that much better?
I really prefer Bilstein shocks so I'm leaning towards the 4.5 EX. I know the general opinion is to piece out, but I've been looking at piecing both the BDS and RE and the kits seem cheaper even if I won't use some of the parts.

Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The extreme duty springs are the 1454 up front and are desirable. I beat mine like a red headed step child.
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unless you NEED the whole kit, just buy the spring separately get Beserk shackles , and your Bilstien shocks... www.4WD.com had them last time I checked.

Pretty much what I did. I have the 4" springs and work them hard with no ill effects..
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I got the 4in kit to save the hassle of piecing things together because i had limited time to get it done and have been happy with my decision. Rides very nice. Although, i would recommend anticanman's brake line extension mod or some nice full extension braided lines, nix the hard line extension you get with the kit, and get a Slip yoke eliminator(which should be done with most lifts this size). Shackles can be had for cheap through Beserk

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.